Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All geared up

5 posters

Go down

All geared up Empty All geared up

Post  highpressure Tue 27 Dec 2011, 6:40 pm

Hi Craig,

I seem to recall from conversations with Steve the gears were subbed out and came in finished. Does that also go for the next set of gears? If so were they all done at the same time and you now have the next set in the factory? Not wanting to sound impatient more like hoping there are no further delays. If they are already cut should make it easier to get Januarys kit out??

By the way hope Christmas was relaxing for you and the New Year goes well.

Cheers Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

All geared up Empty Re: All geared up

Post  craig@STW Tue 27 Dec 2011, 9:18 pm

yes they were subbed out and yes they are in the factory, however i have not seen the parts list for the next kit so can't really comment on when it will be ready.

we didn't really get time to discuss it last week but i'm sure we will be straight on to things when we get back Cool
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

All geared up Empty January's kit

Post  lynnr Wed 28 Dec 2011, 8:16 am

Hi Kev

I believe kit 22 was actually the End Dec start Jan kit but was sent out early because of the shutdown. So by my reckoning we are not due a kit until end January 2012.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Wed 28 Dec 2011, 8:50 am

Hey Lynn,

Indeed I was not expecting Kit 23 till end of Jan, but dont forget for the RL builders we only got a kit for November (26) and a kit for December (22) althought they both arrived practically together. The SRL got the dynamo kit in November too so you guys feel like you have had quite a lot in a very short space of time. I was enquiring to see if the bulk of the kit 23 had been already machined which makes it less likely to encounter delays for despatch.

If you go by the original schedule for those of us that signed up during the summer of 09 kit 22 should have been September 11!! as the start date was December 09 so technically we are still two kits behind!!!! As long as we dont miss anymore despatches and there are no more substitutions for later kits for reasons beyond anyones control then kit 28 should go out in May. Not that I'm counting or anything Embarassed Embarassed

Still none of us are impatient Shocked , and it will definately be worth the wait.. Smile Although if they can send all the kits out in one go in January... What a Face
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Wed 28 Dec 2011, 9:48 am

highpressure wrote:Hey Lynn,

Indeed I was not expecting Kit 23 till end of Jan, but dont forget for the RL builders we only got a kit for November (26) and a kit for December (22) althought they both arrived practically together. The SRL got the dynamo kit in November too so you guys feel like you have had quite a lot in a very short space of time. I was enquiring to see if the bulk of the kit 23 had been already machined which makes it less likely to encounter delays for despatch.

If you go by the original schedule for those of us that signed up during the summer of 09 kit 22 should have been September 11!! as the start date was December 09 so technically we are still two kits behind!!!! As long as we dont miss anymore despatches and there are no more substitutions for later kits for reasons beyond anyones control then kit 28 should go out in May. Not that I'm counting or anything Embarassed Embarassed

Still none of us are impatient Shocked , and it will definately be worth the wait.. Smile Although if they can send all the kits out in one go in January... What a Face

LOL

My bank balance would not survive that hit bom would be good though! All finished and ready by end February. Wink
Was out fixing the shed roof yesterday. Not damaged but the felt had loosened off somewhat. Wind recorded at 92mph on 26th. Now has 3 rows of nails and a full 2.5ltr pot of Isoflex under and over the joints.
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Wed 28 Dec 2011, 10:40 am

OOHHHH I hadn't thought about isoflex to stop my shed roof leaking Rolling Eyes I suppose that is what it was designed for..... I will try that when I have a few minutes.
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  mikero Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:12 pm

Careful with the liberal application of isoflex guys, it has a tendency to get very liquid in the sun, find nail holes and drip through on your nice clean engine.

Mike
mikero
mikero

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:34 pm

mikero wrote:Careful with the liberal application of isoflex guys, it has a tendency to get very liquid in the sun, find nail holes and drip through on your nice clean engine.

Mike

Hi Mike.

Not possible. Shed roof is double skinned and the engine is elsewhere Very Happy
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Wed 28 Dec 2011, 5:46 pm

mikero wrote:Careful with the liberal application of isoflex guys, it has a tendency to get very liquid in the sun, find nail holes and drip through on your nice clean engine.

Mike

Now that could make a right mess, engine in there or not. Is the same likely to happen when used on the wheels? affraid
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum