Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas is Over!!

+2
highpressure
lynnr
6 posters

Go down

Christmas is Over!! Empty Christmas is Over!!

Post  lynnr Tue 27 Dec 2011, 11:20 am

Christmas is over.

Now the next date in the calander must be first steaming. Looking at the kit list we should be 6 kits away from steaming. That makes a first steaming in June 2012 very possible. With engine completion in August for the road loco and September for the showman.

I for one will be steaming as soon as possible and that is not on alcohol, while waiting and building the roof and doing the final sign writing.

Now should we be aiming for a show in late Sept or earlier Oct Smile
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Christmas is Over!! Empty Re: Christmas is Over!!

Post  highpressure Tue 27 Dec 2011, 6:34 pm

Hi Lynn,

I make it five kits from steaming with a completion of July for the RL, havent scheduled the SRL so suspect August or September. There are only seven kits left to come for me, the govenor and roof being the last two. Technically you dont need the govenor to steam so in theory the port could be blanked which is what I am aiming for. They were only cosmetic on the agricultural anyway and thinking about how they work they just interefere with the steam transfer port so could be bypassed for the sake of a fire. Certainly what I intend to do. I would really hope to get to shows from July onwards, the roof can wait!!

Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisnchrisroberts Tue 27 Dec 2011, 9:25 pm

Yes Christmas is over and santa did not come to our place. He could not get in, we do not have a chimney! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Laughing Laughing Laughing

chrisnchrisroberts

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Christmas is Over!! Empty Santa

Post  Steve Traill Tue 27 Dec 2011, 11:35 pm

Give him a chance....he had the whole of Western Europe & North America to do in one night! He's probably resting his reindeer mid Atlantic on his way to Australia.....be patient!!!
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasback Wed 28 Dec 2011, 5:47 pm

Got to say, I posted a topic last Christmas saying that this forum ruined my family's Christmas because I was about to but kit 1 and spent all the time reading about the showman engine. This Christmas STW have done it again as I have had two weeks off and guess what ..... been painting and building, so yet again my Christmas has been ruled by the engine. Not STW fault really at all but I can't blame myself can I!!!!

Plus I think its been a very productive Christmas Embarassed seen my mum and mother in-law

Flasback

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisnchrisroberts Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:50 am

It is bad enough that we have to teach the Seppos Geography, but I did not think I would have to do it for UK. Santa starts somewhere near Nukuälofa which is near the International Date line and then does what the Pet Shop boys say to do ,ie, Go West. Nukualofa is some 13hrs in front of UK so they get Christmas first, sorry to disappoint you. He then goes to New Zealand 12 hrs in front of UK, then Australia, 10 hrs in front and 8hrs for Perth where most of us have the air conditioning on so we have no need for a chimney. So after he has been to Asia, Africa and Europe its UKs turn, then onto North and South America and by the way America gets Christmas almost last as Hawai is near the same Date line but 10 hrs behind UK and Samoa is 11 hrs behind. Happy New Year, yes, we will have that before you too. Chris Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

chrisnchrisroberts

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Watson Fri 30 Dec 2011, 11:05 am

Correct for 2011, but Samoa has just nipped over the timeline, so with you for 2012.

Tim
Tim Watson
Tim Watson

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisnchrisroberts Fri 30 Dec 2011, 10:39 pm

Ahh Tim, you beat me to it. Samoa saw the error of their ways some time ago when they realised they were driving on the wrong side of the road. Why? It was cheaper to buy Japanese cars and buses which were RHD and they were buying expensive US LHD ones. Now they have realised they were fed up with being last on the social calender and behind the US. Now as Tim points out, they are first on the calendar and 23hrs59mins ahead of US. Now that can't be bad. Chris

chrisnchrisroberts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down