Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

space between the footplate and the fire hole.

4 posters

Go down

space between the footplate and the fire hole.  Empty space between the footplate and the fire hole.

Post  sonick45 Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:40 pm

I wish to put this question out there...

I have noticed several of you have a plate fitted in this space and was wondering if STW supplied this or do we have to make are own?
Just in case i missed it in a kit.

Tony and Lynn. You both seem to have these plates as can be seen in the following photos.
https://servimg.com/view/16210491/57
https://2img.net/h/i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/Lynn_Robinson/Traction%20Engine/EOS5DMarkII06463.jpg

If you made them what did you use.

Cheers

Nick

sonick45

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

space between the footplate and the fire hole.  Empty Re: space between the footplate and the fire hole.

Post  bjwlancashire Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:16 pm

Hi Nick

It is provided, I think it is with the ashpan and cleading but I am sure you will here from Lynn soon to confirm Very Happy

Cheers

Brian
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

space between the footplate and the fire hole.  Empty Re: space between the footplate and the fire hole.

Post  sonick45 Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:01 am

cheers mate... thought as much..

Collected my boiler today and moved from the workshop to the garage where the engine will now live.
Thank god i had an engine crane.. moving the tender and horns over a large grass lawn was not my idea of fun.
Getting the boiler out of the car was also a head scratch moment as it had slid in the boot of the car in transit and wedged itself tight.

PM re painting if your still interested.

Nick

sonick45

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

space between the footplate and the fire hole.  Empty Space between fire hole & tender

Post  Tony King Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:11 am

Hi Nick,
I actually made my plate from aluminium before STW supplied a steel plate in a later kit. I didnt know this would be supplied, as there wasn't one supplied for the 4" SC agriculural engine, so I just went ahead & frabricated my own!!

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

space between the footplate and the fire hole.  Empty Plating up

Post  lynnr Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:00 am

Hi Nick

Yes the plate came in a later kit. I was about to fabricate one when it arrived. I will have a look to see what kit it was tonight if you wish.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down