Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kit 7 Tank Sealer

2 posters

Go down

Kit 7 Tank Sealer  Empty Kit 7 Tank Sealer

Post  Flasback Fri 29 Apr 2011, 8:39 pm

Hi All,

I am near completion of kit 7 after a lot of time assembling and dreaming of the 5BA screws and nuts. I was thinking of sealing the tender before starting kit 8. I opened kit 8 to see if I could find any values I could assemble into the tender top plate prior to sealing and have noticed that I will need to insert a filter and possibly remove the tender front plate as shown in drawing 3 of 8, is this correct? If so at what point should I seal the tender as I wanted to do this to lock the millions of nuts in place!

Any advice on this would be great (I am looking at Kit 17 in my garage as I am writing this with a hatred I did not know I had, thinking of all those little nuts and bolts waiting for me Sad ).

Cheers

Dwain

Flasback

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Kit 7 Tank Sealer  Empty Filter

Post  lynnr Fri 29 Apr 2011, 8:57 pm

Flasback wrote:Hi All,

I am near completion of kit 7 after a lot of time assembling and dreaming of the 5BA screws and nuts. I was thinking of sealing the tender before starting kit 8. I opened kit 8 to see if I could find any values I could assemble into the tender top plate prior to sealing and have noticed that I will need to insert a filter and possibly remove the tender front plate as shown in drawing 3 of 8, is this correct? If so at what point should I seal the tender as I wanted to do this to lock the millions of nuts in place!

Any advice on this would be great (I am looking at Kit 17 in my garage as I am writing this with a hatred I did not know I had, thinking of all those little nuts and bolts waiting for me Sad ).

Cheers

Dwain

Hi Dwain

You can seal up the tank but leave the inspection cover off. This will allow easy access for all the other bits in the "tender fittings" kit. Including the filter on the water uplift pipe.

lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down