Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season opening rallies anyone???

2 posters

Go down

Season opening rallies anyone??? Empty Season opening rallies anyone???

Post  highpressure Fri 04 Mar 2011, 10:31 pm

We have sadly lost a couple of the early openers this year, I had a letter from the Historic Docks at Portsmouth to say they have called time on the celebration of steam, perhaps not wanting it to become stale and the same year after year. And then yesterday I spoke to the organisers of the miniature rally at the Burrell museum on Easter Sunday in Thetford and due to a change of ownership at the car park it wont be held this year either. Shocked Shocked

So I wondered if anyone had any other nice early dos that they can recommend, bearing in mind I'm on the South Coast so Yorkshire or similar is unlikely!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Now going stir crazy from no steam ups.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Season opening rallies anyone??? Empty Re: Season opening rallies anyone???

Post  bjwlancashire Sun 06 Mar 2011, 4:04 pm

Sorry to hear that, up here in the NW one of the regular events has been cancelled too, possible for good - the Urmston May Day Steam. Onre of the official reasons is due to additional costs for running it on the extra bank holiday due to the royal wedding. I must confess I would not have put it on for the extra day, just ruyn it as normal. I think it would have been the 30th event too.

Sorry I cannot help you being so far away, our first event is the weeked before Easter, Riverside Leisure event near Southport.
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down