Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please could I look at you boiler!!

4 posters

Go down

Please could I look at you boiler!! Empty Please could I look at you boiler!!

Post  rene1746 Thu 10 Dec 2009, 6:50 pm

Dear Sirs,is there anyone fairly local to me (South Bucks ,England)who would be willing to show me their boiler and burner arrangement.I am building a steam launch and am building a broadly similar system Thanks

rene1746

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-12-10

Back to top Go down

Please could I look at you boiler!! Empty Re: Please could I look at you boiler!!

Post  Steam Traction World Fri 11 Dec 2009, 12:30 pm

Hi,

Should no one local get in touch, you would be more than welcome to visit the factory and see the boilers we have in stock plus you could see my Likamobile and look at the arangement on that.

All the best

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Please could I look at you boiler!! Empty Lika boiler

Post  TB Fri 11 Dec 2009, 5:23 pm

Hi, I am building a steam launch, 21 feet long, Stuart 6A engine and am using the Likamobile boiler. I built a Likamobile myself, then decided to build a launch using a similar boiler. The boiler works fine in a boat but needs modification to the flue arrangements as on the car the exhaust comes out at the bottom. I find it provides more than enough steam for a 6A and have dropped the normal operating pressure down to 150 psi and am thinking of derating the burner as I can get up to full pressure from cold in 4 and a half minutes and this might be putting a strain on the boiler.
If you want any help or info feel free to get in touch via personal message on this forum.
Cheers
Tony.

TB

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Please could I look at you boiler!! Empty boiler

Post  jjtjr Thu 17 Dec 2009, 1:34 pm

What type of steamboat are you building. I have a 16' steamboat that I run. I may be able to give you some answers. I also have built a few boilers.Most steamboats guys like to use wood as a fuel because of its Authenticity. I use propane because of its ease of operation. JT
jjtjr
jjtjr

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Please could I look at you boiler!! Empty Re: Please could I look at you boiler!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down