Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition

5 posters

Go down

Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition Empty Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition

Post  DavidH Thu 08 Oct 2009, 2:22 pm

Although I understand from Steve that STW will not be in attendance at this exhibition, my part finished 4" Burrell ( more or less up to Kit 19 ) will be on display at the Coventry Model Engineering Society stand.
I will be at the exhibition every day either wandering round in a red jacket general stewarding, or demonstrating in the workshop if anyone wants to talk about it.
DavidH ( David Hall)

DavidH

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition Empty Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition

Post  atomenter Thu 08 Oct 2009, 4:17 pm

Hi David
Hope to see you there on the Sunday or Monday.

Regards

Tom Armet
atomenter
atomenter

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition Empty Re: Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition

Post  hughb Thu 08 Oct 2009, 9:06 pm

Sorry guys .I hope to be underground Cool
have a good show .Will you please take some pics??
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition Empty Re: Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition

Post  Waterways Sat 10 Oct 2009, 8:27 am

Hi David

I'l be there on friday will be nice to see your engine. It was a good show last year plenty of steaming.

Keith

Waterways

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.waterways-direct.com

Back to top Go down

Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition Empty Midlands Model Exhibition

Post  AlexinSuffolk Sat 24 Oct 2009, 11:18 am

Just a note to say Hello and Thanks to David, I spotted his Burrell and had a natter with him whilst the rest of the gang went and attended a lecture on CNC machinery as we are building a CNC router.

Davids put a lot of work into his engine and its looking well on its way to completion, I liked the paint job and lining, as I went the easy route and mines black with red wheels and looks like its come straight off the field, so it was nice to have a chat and compare problems encountered along the way.

Midlands show itself was quite good, but there was not so many live steamers chugging round outside, and personally thought there was less trade stands, still a good day out and now looking forward to Sandown Park in December!

~Alex~

Happier Now Billy Burrells Finished... Very Happy

AlexinSuffolk

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidH Mon 11 Oct 2010, 8:36 pm

Having now finished my Batch 2 Burrell and with all boiler certificates, etc. now in place, I shall be running it outside every day with the Fosse Way Steamers at this years exhibition and look forward to meeting any other builders who may be attending. ( If wet, in the tent at the end of the railway track!!)
David Hall

DavidH

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down