Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quainton (Bucks Railway Centre) Grand Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally 26th-27th September

+4
eng14110
LilyJack
Big Al
sonick45
8 posters

Go down

Quainton (Bucks Railway Centre) Grand Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally 26th-27th September Empty Quainton (Bucks Railway Centre) Grand Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally 26th-27th September

Post  sonick45 Tue 22 Sep 2009, 3:23 pm

Is anyone attending this years rally at Quainton?

I'll be going up on saturday with a friend with his 4" Burrell DCC RL.

I've not been to the rally before bit it looks like it should be a fun day with steam trains running etc.

Not sure on numbers of engines however it'll be a nice end to the rally season for me..

cheers
Nick

sonick45

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Quainton (Bucks Railway Centre) Grand Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally 26th-27th September Empty Re: Quainton (Bucks Railway Centre) Grand Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally 26th-27th September

Post  Big Al Tue 22 Sep 2009, 6:41 pm

Nick

I intend going Saturday sometime, possibly afternoon, What the number of your mates engine?

I understand this is a Miniture steam rally event and there normally is a large number of scale engines there

Big Al

Big Al

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Quainton (Bucks Railway Centre) Grand Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally 26th-27th September Empty Re: Quainton (Bucks Railway Centre) Grand Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally 26th-27th September

Post  LilyJack Tue 22 Sep 2009, 7:32 pm

Not for me Nick,
The Kettering steam rally is on at the same time and is slightly more local to me too.
Have a good 'un.

Regards,

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  eng14110 Tue 22 Sep 2009, 10:41 pm

Hi Guys,
I will be there with my Burrell "Warrior Queen" parked up down by the model Railway.Feel free to come and say hello Very Happy

Colin
eng14110
eng14110

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  sonick45 Wed 23 Sep 2009, 8:46 am

Shame LilyJack.No

Don't know the number but i'll find out..
It's called "JAYCEE"
Maroon colour scheme and has the REG W143 YMJ

if i see you colin i'll say hi....

Nick

sonick45

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed 23 Sep 2009, 7:57 pm

There are 18 full size engines and 20 miniatures booked in for Qauinton this weekend. (Don't confuse this rally with the miniature rally held at Quainton on the weekend after the spring bank holiday every year by Vale of Aylesbury MES, which had 35 miniatures this year). This rally also has commercials, cars, stationary engines and organs as well as full size locos, a museum and a miniature railway all on 25 acres of hard standing. Good fun and plenty to see.
Bob

Atlas

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Thu 24 Sep 2009, 8:28 pm

Hi guys
I do not know If I can go as of yet Sad .The only day will be on Sunday if I can .BUT I am playing Golf for the dragon on Saterday Twisted Evil Razz Laughing .Well if is my last time and if has FREE foood and BEERs... Suspect I love you Arrow Neutral .
Have a good time to one and all cyclops bounce
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  sonick45 Sun 27 Sep 2009, 3:31 pm

Had a great Saturday afternoon and evening road run...

There were a couple of passenger Loco's running up and down the track and I am no longer a 5" virgin Shocked Yes i had my first ride on a 5" model of a 4 cylinder Flying Scottsman... it was nice but i don't think i'm a model train fan.

There was a good selection of miniatures as well as full size of which most made it to the pub down the road...

For any of you that were at the Bedford pub run this year.. This beat it for me...
Most of the engines at the rally turned up and took over the centre of the village outside the pub which had a beer festival on with no queue at the bar..

All in all a great day out..

sonick45

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Sun 27 Sep 2009, 7:16 pm

I echo Sonicks reply, Nice little event with some good scale engines, Someone had made a trailer for a 2" out of 2 sack trolleys joined together, brilliant idea. I saw 2 x 4" STW burrells there both looked good and the owners had had no problems. One also pulled a 4" STW wagon which was impressive. Did have an add on under body tool box which was really useful.

Finished up at the George and Dragon pub with loads of others sitting on the green drinking a pint of Wainwrights beer from Thwaites brewery with the wife watching he engines turn up with the temp in the 20's, bloody lovely place to be

Al

Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  BUNGLE Sun 27 Sep 2009, 9:24 pm

HI BIG, MEDIUM, SM... (NO FORGET THAT !!) AL, THE ENGINE WITH THE TROLLEY MADE FROM TWO SACK BARROWS IS DAVE, ITS A 3" NOT 2" TO THE PLASTOW DESIGN. GOOD TROLLEY THOUGH.

THE 4" WITH THE TRAILER WITH BELLY BOX (TOOL BOX) IS COLIN'S 'WARRIOR QUEEN', AS ABOVE.

HOPE THAT HELPS.

BUNGLE

BUNGLE

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  tef 20 Sun 27 Sep 2009, 10:12 pm

Did anyone manage to get any pictures they can share for us that live 100's of miles away!

Cheers
Mark
tef 20
tef 20

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Tue 29 Sep 2009, 6:56 pm

To satisfy your curiosity here are a couple of photos from Quainton

First off Dave's trailer, made from 2 sack trollies available on ebay at about £25 each

Quainton (Bucks Railway Centre) Grand Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally 26th-27th September Dsc00110

Secondly Colin's Warrior Queen and trailer, Sorry I didn't get better picture of trailer with belly box

Quainton (Bucks Railway Centre) Grand Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally 26th-27th September Dsc00112

Al

Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  sonick45 Tue 29 Sep 2009, 7:47 pm

Here you go....

Colin's trailer.

Taken at the 2009 Bedford Model Engineers Rally

Quainton (Bucks Railway Centre) Grand Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally 26th-27th September Traile10

Quainton (Bucks Railway Centre) Grand Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally 26th-27th September Warrio10

sonick45

Back to top Go down

Post  BUNGLE Tue 29 Sep 2009, 10:48 pm

COLIN, YOU DON'T PHOTOGRAPH WELL MATE !!!!! LOL. Very Happy

SEE YOU SOON.

BUNGLE

BUNGLE

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Thu 01 Oct 2009, 4:58 pm

Hi
thanks for the pics . Very Happy Smile Like the tralers Surprised
hughb
hughb

Back to top Go down

Post  eng14110 Fri 02 Oct 2009, 12:27 pm

Hi Guys,
Is it true what they say the camera adds a hundred pounds either that or i'm a fat B*****d

Colin Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
eng14110
eng14110

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Fri 02 Oct 2009, 9:13 pm

HI
As for me I have a 2" and some say it will not pull me Sad As I am a Shire horse Surprised Shocked
hughb
hughb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down