Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hollowell 5th & 6th July

2 posters

Go down

Hollowell 5th & 6th July Empty Hollowell 5th & 6th July

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 03 Jul 2008, 1:13 am

Hi All

Should be Hollowell Steam Rally (Northamptonshire) this weekend. I'll be taking my Hornsby and Dean should be taking the 4" Burrell if the NTET disc arrives in time.

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hollowell 5th & 6th July Empty Re: Hollowell 5th & 6th July

Post  Steam Traction World Sat 05 Jul 2008, 4:17 pm

Sorry to anyone who went to Hollowell expecting to see either Dean or me. We didn't go! The weather forecast was really bad. When I woke up it was raining quite hard. Faced with the choice of getting the lorry stuck in a muddy field and spending my banks money in the beer tent, I decided that my time would be more effectively spent sorting out some further business issues. So, that's what I did. Then the sun came out for the rest of Saturday, but by then it was too late. The forecast for Sunday was still poor, so I decided to nip home (7 hr round trip) to get some tooling to use when we're ready to start production. So, once again, sorry to anyone who went, but I'm sure you can understand the reasons.

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hollowell 5th & 6th July Empty HOLLOWELL

Post  gulfstream Mon 07 Jul 2008, 4:45 pm

Steve

We went to Hollowell but only in the car as we were told the weather would be bad. We arrived at lunchtime and the weather was glorious for the rest of the afternoon. We were wanred that the rally is not quite like the majority of steam rallies and probably resembled a Sunday market but it wasn't bad and very busy. However there were a number of full size engines in steam and a good mixture of miniatures, didn't see any Modelworks Fodens though.

Someone did mention that you were not at the rally but no reason was given, so we were not able to come and have a chat. Anyway well done for what the two of you have achieved although not unexpected after our conversation at Stapleford. So, hopefully before long we can all get on building our Fodens and then perhaps in 2009 there might be a lineup of them at one of the rallies.

Paul

gulfstream

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Hollowell 5th & 6th July Empty Re: Hollowell 5th & 6th July

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down