Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted to buy a full kit

4 posters

Go down

Wanted to buy a full kit Empty Wanted to buy a full kit

Post  Chrs777 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 8:56 pm

Hi there. I've been waiting for a reply from Dean with regards to buying a full kit, is he off work atm ? Bit strange that I have not heard anything back !

Order Confirmed now with Dean.

Last edited by Chrs777 on Thu 09 Feb 2017, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chrs777

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-12-10

Back to top Go down

Wanted to buy a full kit Empty Re: Wanted to buy a full kit

Post  NorfolkModelSteam Wed 08 Feb 2017, 9:54 pm

I sent him an e mail yesterday and no reply so I'm going to give a call in the morning!

NorfolkModelSteam

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Thu 09 Feb 2017, 6:50 pm

I doubt Dean or Steve sit at the computer day in day out just waiting for folks to e-mail them Shocked

Folks pester me at work sometimes when they havent had a reply from an e-mail they sent 24hrs ago Rolling Eyes , when I eventuallly get round to repling to them they seem surprised that I have to cope with upwards of 30-40 e-mails a day not helped by folks re-emailling me asking if I'm in the office as they hadnt had a reply Rolling Eyes most of the e-mails are not a 5 minute turn round either, add this to the regular work and reports that need doing fills my day up big time. Generally I have a back log of e-mails of up to a week.
I always say if you want something urgently then that great invention called the telephone works very well still Laughing

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrs777 Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:08 pm

Yes the old dog and bone, faster than snail mail !
Livesteam you NEED a secretary 🤔

Chrs777

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Thu 09 Feb 2017, 9:44 pm

we often forget at the other end of email there is a very busy human pulling his hair out. 😂

Interestingly the local BBC radio station did an experiment and tried to get a group of teenagers to use a public phone box to make a call.....they failed to get a connection as they didn't know how they worked or when to put the money in. Same with using the old rotary phones in a junior school, with one asking where the buttons were, and not knowing how to hang up the call. How things have changed in just a few short years.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Fri 10 Feb 2017, 7:07 pm

Chrs777 wrote:
Livesteam you NEED a secretary  🤔

They made those redundant 3yrs ago in a cost cutting exercise Rolling Eyes apparently its cheaper to have a senior engineer doing general admin work than employing general admin folks, then they wonder why their project hasnt moved forward as fast as they planned Rolling Eyes

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrs777 Fri 10 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

Hmm I work as an electrical engineer, I seem to be clerical, scheduler, planning,ordering, stock control, procedures advisor, customer relations, long distance driver, trainer/mentor, first aider, all round problem solver, out of hours and being on call 24 hours a day for 7 days straight, along with various other demands and also actually do some fitting /installation work on 3 phase and ct electric metering and associated equipment. 😩😩😩

Chrs777

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Sat 11 Feb 2017, 6:25 pm

Sounds familiar from my electricity board days Laughing although I've long since thrown the towel in on the 24/7 on call malarkey.......they didnt pay nearly enough for that in the end Laughing Contract monitoring for me mainly, although I do sometimes miss getting my tools out, normally cos I know I could do the job twice as good as the numpties they seem to employ today Rolling Eyes

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down