Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whistle/siren chain

2 posters

Go down

Whistle/siren chain Empty Whistle/siren chain

Post  LiveSteam Mon 28 Mar 2016, 6:16 pm

This year have treated the Agri to a siren Cool well the whistle on these might be great for dogs but thats about all its good for Laughing

Anyhow cos the valve spring/arrangement seems somewhat stiffer than the stock whistle, I'm not convinced the standard whistle chain will last very long, anyone got any ideas on where one can get decent "small" chain from, stainless would be good. I've searched all over and so far not come up with anything Embarassed

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Whistle/siren chain Empty Re: Whistle/siren chain

Post  lynnr Mon 28 Mar 2016, 6:19 pm

I got mine from Steam Traction World for my siren and it's fine after 3 years of heavy pulling.
Stick a steam fittings 4 chime in place of the original. Just port out the valve gubbins to allow enough steam.

lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Mon 28 Mar 2016, 6:27 pm

Thanks Lynn, wondered about giving STW a shout but wondered if it would be the same chain as MW used, as that seems fairly flimsey.

I wondered about a 4 chime at one point, but a siren kinda jumped out at me when I was at GDSF the other year Embarassed .
Needed to mod the standard mount and I was somewhat worried there would be enough steam flow for it but its fine and while everyones told me Sirens need loads of volume and pressure this one seems quite happy down at even 50psi, yeah its not as shrill but still gives a nice tone.
Might pick up a 4 chime at somestage, well you can never have enough whistles or sirens Cool

I'll give STW a shout,

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down