Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cylinder block to boiler fitting

2 posters

Go down

Cylinder block to boiler fitting Empty Cylinder block to boiler fitting

Post  Big Al Mon 04 May 2009, 9:16 am

For those who are in the process of fitting their cylinder block to boiler here's a hint. - Don't tighten down the 2 studs immediately infront of the holes for the drain cocks on the offside of the engine. when you have painted and lined the right hand cover of the cylinder in a later kit, you will need to fit this before fitting the drain cocks. The brass strip that fits below the drain cock valves has a very small screw holding it in place and you will have to remove the two studs to allow access to screw in and tighten them up. It possibly could be done if you have the dexterity and fingers the size of a small child, but a lot easier with the studs out.

It will be worth trial fitting the brass strips onto the cover and onto the block first as the tolerance is very tight and I had to elongate the holes in the cover to allow easier fit, the elongation is covered by the brass strip so it wont show.

Alan

Big Al

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Cylinder block to boiler fitting Empty Re: Cylinder block to boiler fitting

Post  hughb Mon 04 May 2009, 10:56 am

Hi it sounds like you had the same prob as me Sad .I did get there in the end Smile .Well done Laughing
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down