Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bushing coach enamel

3 posters

Go down

Bushing coach enamel  Empty Bushing coach enamel

Post  Willsy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 9:25 pm

Hi has anyone used a brushing coach enamel other than craft master on there engine?

Willsy

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2014-12-15

Back to top Go down

Bushing coach enamel  Empty Re: Bushing coach enamel

Post  CaptainClag Tue 16 Dec 2014, 12:15 pm

I mostly used Craftmaster on the engine, but when brush painting various other projects (old Land Rover plus a couple of full size railway locomotives) I’ve used a few different paints including Williamson, HMG plus some cheap stuff I had mixed up at the local paint factors. The cheap stuff, well the less said the better! HMG was pretty good on the Landy, but didn’t weather as well as the more expensive brands did. Not a huge amount to choose between Craftmaster and Williamson in terms of the quality of finish once dry, but IMHO Craftmaster is nicer to work with when actually doing the painting. BTW I don’t work for Craftmaster or anything so I’m not saying this on commission! At the end of the day you pays yer money and takes yer choice, but in my experience the better brands are worth the extra cost.

Hope this helps…

Last edited by CaptainClag on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spolling mistuke)

CaptainClag

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

Bushing coach enamel  Empty Best paint

Post  Steve Traill Tue 16 Dec 2014, 5:38 pm

For me the best brushing paint is the International 'Top Lac' range of paints. Only problem is the limited range of colours. The are mainly for narrow boats & pleasure boats. A very close second is the Craftmaster range which has the advantage of an extensive range of heritage colours. Use a very soft bristled brush and keep the main supply of paint clean by using a paint kettle & don't put unused paint back in the pot! It will have dust in it from whatever you painted & so it'll be polluted. Using paint from the tin is for amateurs only.
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Bushing coach enamel  Empty Re: Bushing coach enamel

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down