Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victorian Festival of Christmas Portsmouth Historic Dockyard

+2
the governer
burrell1
6 posters

Go down

Victorian Festival of Christmas Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Empty Victorian Festival of Christmas Portsmouth Historic Dockyard

Post  burrell1 Sat 30 Nov 2013, 6:47 pm

Two impressive and very well turned out traction engines on parade at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard on Friday.

Victorian Festival of Christmas Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Img_0710

Victorian Festival of Christmas Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Img_0712

burrell1

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Victorian Festival of Christmas Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Empty Re: Victorian Festival of Christmas Portsmouth Historic Dockyard

Post  the governer Sun 01 Dec 2013, 8:01 pm

What a great pleasure it was to meet the most Splendid FREDERICK, and Tim, at the dockyard today.
Many thanks for the words of wisdom, the appetite is whetted even more now, but great patience must be exercised, as the garage extension must be finalised first!

Great to meet you Tim.

Liz and Mark.
the governer
the governer

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-10-06

Back to top Go down

Victorian Festival of Christmas Portsmouth Historic Dockyard Empty Re: Victorian Festival of Christmas Portsmouth Historic Dockyard

Post  bjwlancashire Wed 04 Dec 2013, 3:46 am

Looks like Kevin wants more brass to polish there. Maybe he should do a conversion on "His Majesty", it would definitely be unique then. Wink 
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Wed 04 Dec 2013, 4:58 pm

Clearly caught in a moment of madness there!!! scratch scratch  I think I took pity on Tim as he seemed to spend most of the weekend cleaning.... Laughing Laughing Laughing It was an excellent weekend though and as Tim said does really make a start to the festive season. The regulator was excellent having no issues at all over the two days I was steaming, very easy to use and shuts every time.

Considering "The President" started life as a Showmans it has been something I have thought about, no exciter but could put the dynamo on and run the organ from it, it only needs about 7amps to run. If the 6" Maclaren can change his indentity as he feels then it should be something I can do, might have to get a price from Dean, now there's nothing to build.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian M Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:46 pm

Looks like you might have a good idea there Kev Smile

(What is the latest from STW on issuing a new regulator?)

I seriously have to save up for one of those showman organs. Might be a few years, as I have to spend some money on the house Sad 

Do you have a video clip of the latest showman organ, as I need to convince the wife Smile

All the best,

Brian
Brian M
Brian M

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Wed 04 Dec 2013, 8:50 pm

Yep here it is, all the bits fitted and working, glock, snare etc. Several people commented on how wonderful the atmosphere was due to the music at the Docks which makes it all worth while.

highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian M Wed 04 Dec 2013, 9:09 pm

Really is outstanding, does it come like that (fully painted)
Brian M
Brian M

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony King Wed 04 Dec 2013, 9:12 pm

Kev, that's totally impressive!! I'm saving up, gotta have one!!!
Regards,
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Wed 04 Dec 2013, 9:26 pm

Yep, painted and lined and signed any colour you request within reason and sticking to RAL standards. Next one will be slightly bigger in dimensions as it will make pipe layout much easier also the glock may be mounted in the same place but using a different system as it was added later and was a tight fit. Will run on a battery but mains is better.
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down