Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

popped in to say hello

+2
Robfishman
the governer
6 posters

Go down

popped in to say hello Empty popped in to say hello

Post  the governer Sun 06 Oct 2013, 10:49 pm

Just to introduce myself. Decided a 4" was the the way to go a few years ago, but time etc mean't it would most likely be one that had already been built. Last year at GDSF, a good chat to David on the STW stand, and the seed was sown, almost. I'm a biggish lad, and as "er indoors" is also smitten with steam, it had to seat two, and i wanted a double, for engine only use. Fast forward to this years GDSF, walking around the miniatures area, and plenty of 6" doubles about, but a bit too expensive for me. Then it happened, my Epiphany, "Kev and Andy" there they were trundling along on a double seat. Well the rest as they say.........
After a chat with Kev, and then later another chat with a kind gent who was watching the rig for them, a chat with STW, (Liz, my other half, giving Dean the thumbs up behind my back apparently), I gave it a little thought, and then did the deed. So i am now exitedly waiting to start this journey with the road loco. That is when i have finished the new shed, to allow me to empty the other shed, which will make room for the garage extension, which will give me the "build" area. I suspect liz "Tender Behind" will also pop by to say hello. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the posts here, and can't wait to get started. I would also like to compliment everybody on their fine looking engines. I'll get back to the shed build now. Very Happy 

Mark
the governer
the governer

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-10-06

Back to top Go down

popped in to say hello Empty Re: popped in to say hello

Post  Robfishman Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:30 pm

Ah yes the ago old problem of needing a bigger workshop, mine is being rebuilt over the winter as well.

Welcome aboard to you both, we look forward to your build progress updates, and any queries you know where to find us.

Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

popped in to say hello Empty popped in to say hello

Post  Heavyhaul Mon 07 Oct 2013, 9:19 am

Hi Rob,
Can honestly say I'm also been bitten by the bug, I recently signed up to the 4 inch scale Burrell showmans kits, and can't wait to get started. For the past six years I've been building a scratch built showmans, using live steam models drawings but became fed up with having to make items two or three times, due to the drawing errors. So I decided to sell my engine and start again, knowing that in three years hopefully i will have a fully working engine.
Must say it's a real credit to you and the others on the forum that are still building or have completed their builds. Can't wait to see your engine when it's finished.

Best regards
Steve.

Heavyhaul

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Mon 07 Oct 2013, 6:03 pm

the governer wrote: Fast forward to this years GDSF, walking around the miniatures area, and plenty of 6" doubles about, but a bit too expensive for me. Then it happened, my Epiphany, "Kev and Andy" there they were trundling along on a double seat. Well the rest as they say.........
After a chat with Kev, and then later another chat with a kind gent who was watching the rig for them, a chat with STW, (Liz, my other half, giving Dean the thumbs up behind my back apparently), I gave it a little thought, and then did the deed.

Mark
Another one to be notched up for my commission, at this rate I should qualify for a free SCC!!!! Shocked Shocked 

Seriosuly though glad to here that my ramblings helped to get another builder on board, the ever growing circles of friends expands, the owners rally in a few years will be exceptional!!

Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Mon 07 Oct 2013, 8:44 pm

Welcome to the club Mark, it is a seriously good engine, very good on the road and very strong too.

Check out Blackbeard's videos, Kev isn't the only one having fun you know Wink 

Brian
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  IanL Tue 08 Oct 2013, 7:35 am

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum, it has been useful for me looking at other builders pictures has frequently helped me to sort out where everything fits, and encouragement.

I am yet to complete my build but having the engine on its wheels and now with the seat on the back it is a very impressive machine.

Good luck with your build.

Ian
IanL
IanL

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: