Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STW wins again !

+2
MrStationHouse
Rickster
6 posters

Go down

STW wins again ! Empty STW wins again !

Post  Rickster Mon 20 May 2013, 8:23 pm

Hi all,

pretty lousy photo but says it all really. Super rally, and great to receive a trophy. I believe mine was the only kit built engine at the show and there were around 20 miniatures in the show.

A real credit to all at Steve, Dean, Isobel and all the team. Even Mr Loader rocked up and said how nice the engine was!

I did not experience ANY negative comments from anyone at all because it was kit built. The support for what is being done by STW was quite refreshing to me. Many people follow the forum and consider buying but do worry a little about what happened in a previous life, and that they have no experience. When I told them this was the first new big engine since the inception of STW and it was my first ever build of anything like this, it made them think again.

I spent most of the weekend in top gear and it makes a lovely bark when going uphill past the beer tent! If anyone is close enough, it's worth a look as it is very informal and you can go wherever you like on the field. Normally there is a road run to the pub on Saturday night but the road had been comprehensively dug up and it would have been quite dangerous trying to avoid all the manhole covers sticking up 3 inches above the road!

Well done guys for building such a great engine.!

STW wins again ! Three_10

Rickster

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

STW wins again ! Empty Re: STW wins again !

Post  Rickster Mon 20 May 2013, 8:30 pm

And one with the roof on. Made for difficult driving but it is doeable.

STW wins again ! Three_12

Rickster

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  MrStationHouse Mon 20 May 2013, 9:15 pm

Well done indeed.

That's quite a whistle you have there - where is it from?

Best wishes
Simon

MrStationHouse

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Tue 21 May 2013, 9:11 am

Well done Rick and first time I think we have seen a photo of your engine finished if I am not mistaken. Looks like you had the English summer down in Dorset too.

One question, how did you fair with regard to the mud and grass build up on your wheels - on our engines the 1st gear pinion is close to the tyre but I notice with your spoked flywheel it's hub does not look like it overhangs the LH tyre.

Jealously yours

Brian
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 21 May 2013, 11:11 am

Woooooooooooohooooooooooooooo

To all the doubters.............hahahahahaha

To everyone who said.....Anyone who bought a Road Loco or Showman's was a fool cos we wouldn't be in business that long............hahahahaha

To those who constantly say we're going out of business or have gone bust.........In your face!!

And finally to those of you who had faith in Steve and I.................

THANK YOU.........Without you and your faith it wouldn't have been possible to get it off the ground.

We love each and every one of you (even if some are a bigger pain in the a**ses than others) and class many of you as our friends as well as our customers..........

The feeling of pride i currently have brings a lump to my throat so well done on such an amazing job.

Congrats Rick and I hope you and your engine are just one award of many many more to come.

All the best

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwiconnection Tue 21 May 2013, 4:20 pm

Well said Dean.

I personally think that all the detractors and other malicious scaremongers should firstly eat humble pie, and secondly put pen to paper and publicly apologise in writing, in particular to Steve for denigrating his designs, and of course to the rest of the STW staff who all work their butts off producing a fabulous product. Evil or Very Mad

I look forward to receiving my Road loco, traction wagon, and bowser kits when I return to New Zealand and will take every opportunity not only to promote your products but also your professionalism and customer care. Maybe one day we will have enough STW products down under to be able to have a “Down Under STW Gathering” Keep up the bloody good work and thanks for the coffee and chat yesterday. Very Happy
Kiwiconnection
Kiwiconnection

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwiconnection Tue 21 May 2013, 4:21 pm

I must get Shane in NZ to contribute to the forum
Kiwiconnection
Kiwiconnection

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

STW wins again ! Empty stw wins again

Post  richspoo Tue 21 May 2013, 7:40 pm

I am very new here so don't know to what you refer re bad mouthing. Surely you just ignore anyone who says things like that. You guys who can build your own engines i hold in very esteem, i wish I could have the skills but I don't.

I have just bought a completed engine I dont know if it is an STW kit what I do know is that one of those two guys emailed me and made me feel very welcome on this forum. To me that says it all genuine type people so dont take any notice if everything had had to be built from drawings ( i guess this is some people gripe although only guessing ) then there would not be so many people around and hence not so many engines people to talk with etc etc.

Its a sad world I dont have time for it.

Good luck and sorry nearly forgot what a great engine you lucky lucky lad!!

Richard

richspoo

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum