Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The annual problem

+2
Tim Watson
mikero
6 posters

Go down

The annual problem Empty The annual problem

Post  mikero Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:01 am

I loaded up the van and trailer and got in the queue to leave the GDSF around 4.00 ish. I finally got out of the gate at 7.45.

Mike Mad
mikero
mikero

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

The annual problem Empty Re: The annual problem

Post  Tim Watson Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:22 am

That's bad luck, we left at the same time and I was home by 8.30 PM (including a slow transit of the M25).

Tim
Tim Watson
Tim Watson

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

The annual problem Empty Great Dorset

Post  Steve Traill Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:29 am

Many thanks to Steve, Dean, Tim & Mike for a great weekend, even with a bit of mud. The smokebox cuisine was up to Tim's usual high standard (in fact I think this year was a new high) and it was good to see the 6" SCC Burrell on the stand along with all the other models. Thanks to Mike for the accomodation, his trailer tent is a 'little palace' on wheels and a good nights sleep is always appreciated along with the cooked breakfast!

I think we all sold enough engines to bring a flicker of a smile to Dean & generally a good time was had by all!

Thanks guys

Steve
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Mon 03 Sep 2012, 2:26 pm

Same problem here Mike.

Van loaded by 3.20pm and in queue by around 4pm got off site at around 7pm to then sit in a queue on the road immediately outside the gate for a further half an hour due to an accident outside the gate further up Mad Mad Mad

Arrived back at STW at 10.45pm so a long old day.

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  HStannard Mon 03 Sep 2012, 3:19 pm

Not much better getting out this morning, The queue was back to the miniature steam area by 8 o'clock this morning. Finally got on the road at 9.20. Finally home and unloaded at 2pm.
HStannard
HStannard

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

The annual problem Empty Getting home

Post  Steve Traill Mon 03 Sep 2012, 4:16 pm

I guess I was lucky with the car parked in the top car park, as I got off the site at 4pm & was home in misty Cornwall by 7.30pm.
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Sat 08 Sep 2012, 2:39 pm

Drove out of Saunders compound behind the stage show at 6pm, eventually left the site at 8:30pm. Declan fell asleep in the car within 5 minutes and woke up 90 minutes later stating he had not been to sleep for long. When we told him how long he slept he was only going of the fact that we had only moved 50 feet since he fell asleep. Razz

Once on the road unluckily followed a tractor pulling a trailer with a Foden wagon on it for about 15 miles along the road to Bath!!

Finally arrived home in Lancashire at 1:45 am then had to reverse the caravan in and down the new housendrive for only the second time in the dark.

Spent Monday afternoon washing the mud off car and caravan and the crappy Pickering coal soot that was still on the (white) car.

Brian
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

The annual problem Empty Dorset mud

Post  Steve Traill Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:44 pm

That Dorset mud takes about twelve months to wash off your tyres, my caravan still has Dorset mud underneath from 6 years ago!
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down