Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foden steam lorry

5 posters

Go down

Foden steam lorry Empty Foden steam lorry

Post  Peppe Fri 20 Jun 2008, 2:51 pm

Hi I am in the same boat as Gulfstream, no cylinder block or gaskets, no crank shaft and two weeks before MW closed down sent the door to the firebox back for repare. Other wise the lorry is looking good.
Peppe
Peppe

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Foden steam lorry Empty Parts at Modelworks

Post  KC Fri 20 Jun 2008, 3:06 pm

From speaking to the administrators today if your part was marked up as yours you will be contacted shortly and asked to come and collect it because they have recently completed the inventory. So you are dependant on the staff at MW doing there job properly, hopefully they will have done right by there customers and made sure this was all up to date when the plug was pulled.

Does anyone who received the differential with there cylinder block know if it was shipped in with the block or in a separate box? or was it marked up in anyway as yours? The differential is part of the rear axle kit so is one of the parts I have paid for but not received and apparently if it doesn't have your name on it then it is tough luck.

KC

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Foden steam lorry Empty parts at modelworks

Post  steamoilking Fri 20 Jun 2008, 3:42 pm

The diff was sent in the same box with the block although wrapped seperately if you were fortunate enough to get the block...

As for bits from kits that have been paid for previously i wouldnt hold your breath. Ask yourself the question was my part made? was it labelled with my name?
From a personal point of view if you have paid by credit card for anything contact your credit card company who will advise you what to do and say to the administrators, from that point the credit card company will take up any dispute and you could get a refund from the credit card company.
Remember there were some greedy people involved with MW who clearly didnt give a stuff about Steve, Dean and the rest of the poor staff who all in all did a damn good job under the constraints they were working in.
steamoilking
steamoilking

Number of posts : 17

http://Richardharvey.geller@btinternet.com

Back to top Go down

Foden steam lorry Empty Parts at Modelworks

Post  KC Fri 20 Jun 2008, 4:48 pm

Thanks for the info steamoilking, I didn't think for a second that they would be but thought I would ask and pass on what the administrators had told me about parts that were owned by customers but at Modelworks at the time they went under.

I was not my intention to have a dig at Modelworks staff, they are as much victims as the customers, at least as a customer I been earning a wage for the last month which unless they were lucky and managed to walk straight into something the last month must have been tough, as always it is one rule for the bosses and another for the workers. Speaking of unscrupulous bosses, I am glad I didn't buy the last kit (which I nearly did 3 days before they went under) when it must have been known internally at senior management level that things were bad and they probably would not survive to supply all of the parts yet I bet they still took the full kit price, I would be most upset. But still it has happend in the past in business even in friendly circles such as model engineering.

KC

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Foden steam lorry Empty parts at modelworks

Post  steamoilking Fri 20 Jun 2008, 5:10 pm

KC
No worries i realise you werent having a dig at MW staff, and yes i did buy the last kit as my CC statement has just confirmed...
steamoilking
steamoilking

Number of posts : 17

http://Richardharvey.geller@btinternet.com

Back to top Go down

Foden steam lorry Empty FODEN PARTS

Post  gulfstream Thu 26 Jun 2008, 10:13 am

I paid with a cheque for the last kit (kit 18) which was all the motion parts but less the crankshaft and received them on Friday 23rd June, one week before they finished. I am now only short of the Crankshaft, Cylinder Block, Steering Wheel and a couple of small bits all of which have been paid for. The Cylinder Block was paid for last September soon after MW realised there was a problem with the castings. I was told in May that the cylinder blocks were being machined but may have not been case but Steve did assure me that the castings had been received by MW. There were technical problems with the crankshaft and possibly only a small number had been completed.

Unfortunately I am sure that we will have lost anything that we have paid for but you never know.

gulfstream

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Foden steam lorry Empty Re: Foden steam lorry

Post  miller Thu 26 Jun 2008, 3:03 pm

i can confirm that the foden cylinders took a lot of time to machine, close to a full month to be honest (the batch, not each Wink ).

it was a massive disappointment to all involved when we starting loosing cylinders due to casting problems, problems that only became evident as machining continued. one was almost hollow down one whole side and we lost a considerable percentage of the batch

yes, i believe replacement cylinders were delivered, but due to the pressure of the motion kit and other stuff that was building up they were not started.

in defence of the model work staff, we were working really really well towards the end and with some helpful guidance things were beginning to look achievable, only to have the rug pulled out from under our feet.

many of the staff have lost out to, lost out with time and effort put in over the years to build respect and appreciation from the management and customers, many of us were as attached to the project as you guys Cool

good luck for the future everyone
miller
miller

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Foden steam lorry Empty Re: Foden steam lorry

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down