Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DCC Kit 22+

5 posters

Go down

DCC Kit 22+ Empty DCC Kit 22+

Post  highpressure Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:51 pm

Hi Craig,

Any idea how the schedule is looking for the next few kits, getting towards the point where we can see light at the end of the tunnel and I hope we dont slip too many months now otherwise we will loose time in May onwards to be in steam and out showing how good STW are... Smile Wink Wink Wink

After all we dont technically need the roof or govenor to actually get steam up so could be running by May (possibly sooner if theres any chance of catching up a few lost months?? ( I know I'm pushing my luck there Shocked Shocked ))

Cheers Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

DCC Kit 22+ Empty Re: DCC Kit 22+

Post  craig@STW Wed 21 Dec 2011, 6:16 pm

OK, the parts for kit 22 arrived this week. we have had to strip the control model of the "samples", complete any machining needed and re-build the control model with "batch" parts. the good news is, as of about 3 o,clock this afternoon everything was back together and working well. mike literally has to finish packing this and it should be going tomorrow to those who want it. i believe two kits went out today to get "up-north" in time for X-mas.

I've got a few basic photos of the "water fittings" kit that we sent out to fill the gap. most of this stuff is standard 4 inch parts and not very interesting to see in production...

DCC Kit 22+ Dec044

DCC Kit 22+ Dec045

DCC Kit 22+ Dec048

DCC Kit 22+ Dec049

DCC Kit 22+ Pics025-1
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

DCC Kit 22+ Empty Production photos

Post  Tony King Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:34 am

Well done Craig, really good to see pics of all the various kits that are going out for Christmas. As always, it's very impressive to see "stuff" taking shape & not just for the particular projects we are building but all of your products! I'm still amazed at the way you just machine a complicated part (ie perch bracket) from a solid block of metal!! Shocked
Also, thanks to all at STW for great effort to get all our "Chistmas presents" out in time.............. Greatly appreciated.... Really really!!
A Very Happy Christmas to you all.
Regards,
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Thu 22 Dec 2011, 8:04 am

with the improvement in the castings we don't actually make many big parts from solid anymore. the 2inch front Axel is one of the exceptions and the perch. this was manly because the quantity we need was not worth a run of castings. even some of the smaller parts are now made from castings.

it's part of the challenge to work out how your going to "create" a part. most of the time its just working out how to hold it at each stage of the process. after that, if you have the right tools its not that hard Cool
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

DCC Kit 22+ Empty Additional items

Post  lynnr Fri 23 Dec 2011, 8:21 am

Hi

Just noticed on the picture with the clack valve. There appears to be an extra brass fitting between the valve and the boiler?

Is this an error on the control model or an omission from our kit list?
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

DCC Kit 22+ Empty Spacer!

Post  Tony King Fri 23 Dec 2011, 8:40 am

Hi Lynn,
I think you'll find the control model had the cut outs in the boiler "mirror imaged", when sent for lazor cutting, along with a couple that went out to customers, so to overcome the this, STW have obviously put an adaptor plate in to correct to difference in angle, so a standard check valve can be used!!
Regards,
Tony

Tony King

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Fri 23 Dec 2011, 8:46 am

Thunk!

Now I remember. Thanks Tony. Have you got kit 22 yet?
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony King Fri 23 Dec 2011, 8:58 am

You must be joking!! Only just recieved water fittings kit, which I'm about to unpack instead of going out to work!!
I live in hope that, against all the odds, I might get kit 22 today............. Yah right!!
Happy Christmas Lynn
Tony

Tony King

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Fri 23 Dec 2011, 9:39 am

yes, that is correct regarding the clack valves. if anyone finds their "angles" are incorrect we have the adaptor plates ready and waiting.

the kit 22's did go out yesterday (2 went northwards on Wednesday). they are heavy so take care !!!
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

DCC Kit 22+ Empty It's Christmas!

Post  Tony King Fri 23 Dec 2011, 1:17 pm

Yeehaarrr!
Kit 22 just arrived & it's heavy alright........... What a lovely sight......... So many thanks STW for sending out early, you made at least one of your customers VERY happy!!!
Enjoy your well deserved break into the new year!!
Regards,
Tony

Tony King

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Fri 23 Dec 2011, 1:44 pm

Tony King wrote:Yeehaarrr!
Kit 22 just arrived & it's heavy alright........... What a lovely sight......... So many thanks STW for sending out early, you made at least one of your customers VERY happy!!!
Enjoy your well deserved break into the new year!!
Regards,
Tony

Sweet!!!
Mine arrived yesterday afternoon so I was sure you would get yours today. Very Happy Very Happy santa
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Fri 23 Dec 2011, 3:10 pm

Collected kit 21 and 22 from STW yesterday, cant wait to get it all together, might not find time for Christmas now santa .

What a pile of stuff there was going out, it was keeping Mike very busy so thanks to him for spending a little time with me. Also met Mike's helper too, that is why so many kits are getting sent out - team work cheers

Good to see the clack valves are "proper" ones with shut off valves, most model ones do not include this feature and if a clack sticks open you will definately appreciate it.

Thanks for the cream cake too Dean, I was tempted - eventually.

Looking forward to 2012 and seeing all our engines together sometime.

Brian king
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum