Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE

+3
Robfishman
Vapor
Steam Traction World
7 posters

Go down

KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE Empty KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE

Post  Steam Traction World Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:20 pm

Hi All,

Can I please remind everyone about our policy for payment.

We currently despatch all our kits prior to receiving payment as a good will gesture. Normally we include in the kit an invoice which we ask you to be paid by Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Transfer or cheque within 7 days of receiving your kit. We do this as a matter of trust and rely on our customers paying us promptly.

As of close of business today we are owed over £30,000 from customers that have exceeded the 7 days. From this figure we are owed £8,000+ from customers who have exceeded one month and £4000+ from customers who have exceeded 2 months!!.

This not only affects cash flow it also then means Isabel has to waste valuable time chasing invoices that are overdue when she could be chasing suppliers to ensure the material is in to get your next kit out.

We do everything we can to despatch your kits on time and in return please please pay for them in the timescale requested.

We do not want to penalise everyone as some customers pay the minute they receive the goods, thank you very much to them, however, for those customers who do continue to pay extremely late we will have no alternative but to start taking payment before despatch.

Your co-operation would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dean & Steve
Steam Traction World

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE Empty Re: KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE

Post  Vapor Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:55 am

Steve/Dean

I can only echo your comments, cash flow has been the killer of many busniesses I can only suggest you implement payment before dispatch to any persistant offenders, STW is a young business and needs this cash to both opperate and grow.

I know everyone will agree STW are no good to any of us builders if you cant carry out your buisness in a timley manner due to time lost needlesly chasing late payments.

Ian
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383

Back to top Go down

KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE Empty Re: KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE

Post  Robfishman Sun 06 Nov 2011, 11:41 am

We all know the rules so come on and make sure we help with the sustainability of the business by paying on time, and ensure the team can concentrate on delivering the quality and service we have all come to expect.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MrStationHouse Sun 06 Nov 2011, 7:41 pm

I always think that if you expect a business to respond to your needs quickly the least you can do is pay them quickly. As a business owner I really appreciate those who pay us quickly and if they want a quick response from us we are much more likely to do it!

Best wushes
Simon

MrStationHouse

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Frostie Tue 29 Nov 2011, 6:41 pm

Come on guys(Those late payers), you knew what you were taking on when you ordered the machine, you are getting a really good price/deal for a great machine, if late payers cause the company to founder then we all lose out !!!
Pay before dispatch is what I think you should request STW...

Frostie..
Frostie
Frostie

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE Empty Late payers

Post  Steve Traill Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:39 pm

Some people just wait for a red letter for any bill as a matter of course, personal policy etc. I think it would be a struggle to change that sort of persons habits so why not impliment a three late payments & its money up front for all kits. That way the prompt payers continue with the 'civilised' system of paying after the kit has arrived and the late payers have a red line through there name to highlight 'money first'
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

KIT PAYMENT - PLEASE READ - VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE Empty Payments

Post  Mike Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:59 pm

The best way to avoid late payments is to make customers want to pay.
1). Payment within 14 days. £20.00 added for payment after that date.
2). Payment by Direct Debit only.
3). A discount of £10.00 for payment before delivery date.
Mike
Mike

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-09-13

http://new email  mike.tuck27@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Wed 25 Jan 2012, 10:18 pm

Mike wrote:The best way to avoid late payments is to make customers want to pay.
1). Payment within 14 days. £20.00 added for payment after that date.
2). Payment by Direct Debit only.
3). A discount of £10.00 for payment before delivery date.

A good idea Mike but can get very hard to manage for a small business, far better if people pay within 7 days, and if consistently pay late...payment in advance of despatch.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Vapor Thu 26 Jan 2012, 8:13 am

I know a couple of hitmen/debt collectors that can help Smile if you have any difficult customers Dean
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down