Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John O Groats to Lands End Likamobile

2 posters

Go down

John O Groats to Lands End Likamobile Empty John O Groats to Lands End Likamobile

Post  Steam Traction World Mon 02 Aug 2010, 2:56 pm

Hi all,

Due to my change in my personal circumstances this really has to go and has been reduced by £2500 to £16k (almost the same price as the kit plus it includes lots of extra's like Original Lucas Lights, Riello Burner, Dummy Water Gauge, Chequer plate floor, Improved electrics, Twin batteries, Locomobile steps, Dummy Exhaust, Rear brake lights, Road registered, 12 month boiler certificate etc etc etc), plus there is the added bonus of it being first car of this style to complete John O Groats to Lands End ....anyone interested please let me know, any test drives welcome...Cheers....Dean. P.S. Just so you are aware there is no play in the engine as all items like bushes etc have been replaced since the JoG to LE run plus the clack valves have been replaced on the water pump. 3 months warranty will also be included.

After a great deal of thought I have made the decision to sell my Likamobile. I feel after completing the John O Groats to Lands End run that i've done what i wanted to do with her.

Included in the sale will be all the extra's added on (the original Lucas lights, the exhaust on the back, the petrol can, the mirror, the Locomobile plates, the dummy water gauge, the still full pyrene fire extinguisher). In addition to this there have been rear lights fitted (also act as brake lights), a Riello burner instead of the Chinese version, black powdered coated wheel rims rather than the standard chrome one's plus the improved engine parts were fitted prior to the run. It is road registered in my name and has been issued with a number plate. Not only is everything listed above included you will be purchasing a piece of history. This car has been in 35 newspaper articles, the subject of numerous radio interviews, has been in Chat Special Magazine and is one of the only steam cars to have completed the 1072 miles from John O Groats to Lands End.

The car still runs superbly and can be viewed and tried by any potential purchaser. I'm looking for around £16,000. Please contact me either at the office on 01327 301030, by email on dean@steamtractionworld.co.uk or on my mobile 07866 424822.

If anyone reading this would prefer to build a kit we do still have ONE available from the batch started earlier in the year.

Cheers

Dean

John O Groats to Lands End Likamobile Img_0014

John O Groats to Lands End Likamobile Img_0015

John O Groats to Lands End Likamobile Img_0016

Last edited by Steam Traction World on Tue 03 Aug 2010, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

John O Groats to Lands End Likamobile Empty Re: John O Groats to Lands End Likamobile

Post  chrisnchrisroberts Mon 02 Aug 2010, 10:47 pm

Is that a guide dog??

chrisnchrisroberts

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

John O Groats to Lands End Likamobile Empty Re: John O Groats to Lands End Likamobile

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 14 Sep 2010, 11:31 am

Hi All,

Just to let you know that my car has now SOLD.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Dean.

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down