Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Buy Built and Ready to Steam' Service

3 posters

Go down

'Buy Built and Ready to Steam' Service Empty 'Buy Built and Ready to Steam' Service

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 10 Nov 2009, 10:12 am

Hi All,

This month we have decided to float the idea of a purchasing any of our kits as a Fully Finished Ready to Steam option.

There has been a number of customers who have expressed an interest in purchasing our engines ready to steam as they have the money but not the time to put one together. They feel that our engines are far far superior to some of the other crudely made completed engines on the market and also offer far better value for money at over £5k less.

Should this be a service anyone who visits the forum would be interested in the please give me a call for further information.

All the best

Dean

'Buy Built and Ready to Steam' Service Oldglo10

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

'Buy Built and Ready to Steam' Service Empty Re: 'Buy Built and Ready to Steam' Service

Post  LilyJack Sat 14 Nov 2009, 4:47 am

Well, I guess I can see where some people may be coming from with regards to purchasing a "ready to run" model. I however have learnt far far more about the workings of an engine through the experience so far of building one than I'd ever have if I'd just gone out and bought one.
Just a personal opinion is all but I get a great deal of enjoyment (eventually, after a bit of swearing and then a few beers) from actually achieving what I'd call a good result stage by stage with building my 2" engine. Another thing I tend to think counts for a great deal is that, when building your own, you KNOW it's done right, thats not to say you would go and slap it together, not at all, but with building it, you know your engine intimately right down to that last fiddly arsed rivet bolt in the tender Shocked , and if things wear or don't work quite as expected, with a short conversation, you know exactly where to go to put right anything thats going awry.

Again, just my personal opinion, each to their own on this one I guess.

Regards..

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

'Buy Built and Ready to Steam' Service Empty Re: 'Buy Built and Ready to Steam' Service

Post  hughb Sat 14 Nov 2009, 8:21 am

Hi guys
Yes I agree it is fun to build . But a reay to run is good as well ..So good luck with it
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down