Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Injector issues

4 posters

Go down

Injector issues Empty Injector issues

Post  Lufccrowther Mon 12 Jul 2021, 8:14 pm

Hi all.
I'm having problems with my injector after I enlarged the holes from the tender elbow and water valve like I've seen others do. I've made a mistake in which I've learnt my lesson by enlarging the water inlet hole in the injector, when I broke through it damaged the top cone seat. Luckily I had a spare injector which I've fitted last night.

After an afternoons steaming I couldnt get it to work in the slightest, it kept dropping out. I tried different techniques to try to get it work but to no avail.

I'll try to attach a video so you can see what is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nLYrZWwewDc?feature=share

I'm going to clean all the threads and put some new PTFE tape on sparingly tonight and hopefully steam up tomorrow morning to see any results.

The only other thing is that I have to wrap PTFE tape round the short bit of pipe to seal it up to not suck in air. But I think it's where the valve is several years older then the pipe set up as I bought the first 10 kits from someone who started it.

Any help will be appreciated

Lufccrowther

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-09-20

Back to top Go down

Injector issues Empty Re: Injector issues

Post  Goliewogs Tue 13 Jul 2021, 11:40 am

Hi Luke, Yes, injectors can be strange things and intensely annoying! I don't envy you at all = I'm still not quite sure how the things manage to work at all! Good luck!
Greg

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Tue 13 Jul 2021, 4:38 pm

Hi

Your water valve is leaking water so it is also sucking air. That will kill the injector instantly.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

LiveSteam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Tue 13 Jul 2021, 10:00 pm

lynnr wrote:Hi

Your water valve is leaking water so it is also sucking air. That will kill the injector instantly.

Yep you can see it leaking drip drip drip and then when the steam comes on enough it stops so must be drawing air in there.

Pouring water over the water valve might keep the air out long enough to prove the issue.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down