Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eccentrics

2 posters

Go down

Eccentrics Empty Eccentrics

Post  GraemeJudge85 Tue 29 Jun 2021, 4:56 pm

Does any body be able post or send the the instructions digital Email how to set the eccentrics on the crankshaft close so they are lined up ready for the timing of the engine.
thanks Graeme

GraemeJudge85

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2020-03-22

Back to top Go down

Eccentrics Empty Re: Eccentrics

Post  bazzer Tue 29 Jun 2021, 6:02 pm

Have you not got ISO BU 416A, there is a clear drawing showing how to install them.
bazzer
bazzer

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2015-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  GraemeJudge85 Tue 29 Jun 2021, 6:15 pm

Unfortunately not although I am building a 4" burrell single I started well before the Steam traction kits so many of my parts have been machined by myself, but as they are the exact same model both this has both enabled me to buy some parts or look at the models first hand taking measurements to help me build mine using similar techniques so technically as an interloper. I am now on to assembling the motion and although I have a drawing showing how they should sit I wondered if the instructions sent out with the kit engines gave any more details to enable a better setting up for the timing ect.
Graeme

GraemeJudge85

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzer Tue 29 Jun 2021, 6:37 pm

Oh I see.
On the STW kits there is a keyway already milled in the crankshaft and the eccentrics have keyway milled in them, so they will only fit in a certain position, not adjustable.
bazzer
bazzer

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2015-05-01

GraemeJudge85 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  GraemeJudge85 Tue 29 Jun 2021, 6:47 pm

bazzer wrote:Oh I see.
On the STW kits there is a keyway already milled in the crankshaft and the eccentrics have keyway milled in them, so they will only fit in a certain position, not adjustable.

Thank you I will have to go as close as I can the same as the drawing and make adjustments if required

GraemeJudge85

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down