Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boiler Inspection of PIED PIPER

3 posters

Go down

Boiler Inspection of PIED PIPER Empty Boiler Inspection of PIED PIPER

Post  elwood-59 Fri 16 Apr 2021, 6:09 pm

Hi,

I am happy and glad to annouce that PIED PIPER has passed his initial boiler inspection and steam test with flying colours.   bounce  bounce  bounce

Other than what you might be used in England here boiler inspectors are few and far between. Took me long time to find someone who was willing and interested to do the test.

In the end all was well, PIED PIPER steamed up easily, safeties worked as did the injector (sigh) and the pump. As there are not too many miniatures in Germany anyways, the inspector was very impressed and for him it seemingly was a change to the industrial boilers he usually tackles. lol!

After PP is now „legal“ I am thinking about starting a log book or diary to keep track of steaming and possible issues encountered. Any of you long time steamers do use something like that, too? Any suggestions?

Cheers

Elwood
elwood-59
elwood-59

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2014-12-17

Back to top Go down

Boiler Inspection of PIED PIPER Empty Re: Boiler Inspection of PIED PIPER

Post  Simon C Fri 16 Apr 2021, 8:07 pm

Hi Elwood
Congratulations on your test results its a good feeling to get the first one under your belt.
I have the boiler inspector visiting on Tuesday, he will be doing 3 together so I am expecting at least a couple of advisories out of his visit.
Simon C
Simon C
Simon C

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2017-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Fri 16 Apr 2021, 9:57 pm

Hi Elwood

Congratulations on the ticket.

Yes I keep the red log book for Crystal. Just a lined hardback notebook. Date, activity, steaming time, miles, weather, notes and issues.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down