Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April, May, June 2020 production photos

+5
Swedish mechanicus
BurrellSimplicity
milford59
Mark the spark
Will@STW
9 posters

Go down

April, May, June 2020 production photos Empty April, May, June 2020 production photos

Post  Will@STW Fri 22 May 2020, 2:23 pm

Hi Everyone

Because Craig has been too busy to get round factory to take photos and do a production update, I decided to go down and take some photos and ask them what they have been making.

The DCC cylinder blocks have been going on the machines slowly in between Mark running his other jobs.
April, May, June 2020 production photos 216

The 2" Burrell weighshaft bracket raw castings have arrived, and are currently being machined, this should be the last part needed to complete kit 16B.
April, May, June 2020 production photos 415

At the far end of the CNC area the guys are working on the springs and a couple other bits for the next 2" wagon kit.
April, May, June 2020 production photos 513

In the manual area Jack and Paul have been working on more bits for the next 2" wagon kit,
April, May, June 2020 production photos 316

along side some 4 1/2" Foden smokebox doors.
April, May, June 2020 production photos 713

The boiler maker has had plenty of time to get ahead with the boiler inspector being unable to visit us. Here we have a pile of fireboxes building up ready to go into the boilers.
April, May, June 2020 production photos 118

And here we have the pile of boilers which is constantly growing at the moment. We have been in touch with our boiler inspector, and he will begin operating again very soon!
April, May, June 2020 production photos 613

In the meantime we have been looking around the factory, and Dean has decided it is time for a serious tidy up and clear out, this area will eventually become the new control model area.
April, May, June 2020 production photos 812

And all the patterns that were on the back racks have been taken down and placed into the containers, and we are beginning to spread the kits out along the racks, and we are reorganizing them to make the kits easier to find.
April, May, June 2020 production photos 912

Many thanks

Will@STW

Last edited by Will@STW on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Will@STW
Will@STW

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2019-01-29

Back to top Go down

April, May, June 2020 production photos Empty Re: April, May, June 2020 production photos

Post  Mark the spark Fri 22 May 2020, 3:15 pm

Great to see reports again and glad to hear your inspector will be visiting you soon as getting desperate for my roller boiler

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

April, May, June 2020 production photos Empty Re: April, May, June 2020 production photos

Post  milford59 Fri 22 May 2020, 5:03 pm

Looking good ! There is nothing better than a good tidy up in a garage - it makes the projects so much easier to work on... please post pictures when it’s all clear and ready for the control models...

milford59

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2019-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  BurrellSimplicity Tue 26 May 2020, 6:08 pm

i'd have thought being an inspector it's easy to social distance! Very Happy who wants to be near one they are always grumpy! Shocked

lets hope the DCC cylinders will be ready soon or the boiler either one would be good! Exclamation

BurrellSimplicity

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2019-04-29

Back to top Go down

April, May, June 2020 production photos Empty Lyka serial 2

Post  Swedish mechanicus Mon 01 Jun 2020, 6:38 pm

Thank you for the information on Lyka 2 but I miss any photos of that production, we have only 2 Kit left.
Swedish mechanicus
Swedish mechanicus

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2019-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark the spark Mon 01 Jun 2020, 6:53 pm

Have you got your boiler inspector coming in yet?

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

April, May, June 2020 production photos Empty Production update May 2020

Post  MikeBelham Tue 02 Jun 2020, 10:26 am

Thanks for the updates Will
MikeBelham
MikeBelham

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2020-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Tue 02 Jun 2020, 12:10 pm

Swedish mechanicus wrote:Thank you for the information on Lyka 2 but I miss any photos of that production, we have only 2 Kit left.

The guys are working on the Lyka kit this week, and then Ian is going to come in on some evenings hopefully next week to fit the parts. It should be roughly a week later (maybe less or more depending on sourcing some bought in items such as the safety valves.

Many thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Tue 02 Jun 2020, 12:14 pm

Mark the spark wrote:Have you got your boiler inspector coming in yet?

We are still waiting for BES to open so we can get the boiler inspector in. As soon as we can get him in we will do (we have a lot of boilers to test now).

Many thanks

Will
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark building a burrell Wed 03 Jun 2020, 6:55 pm

Any news on next 2" kit and driving wagon kit?

Mark building a burrell

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Thu 04 Jun 2020, 8:58 am

Mark building a burrell wrote:Any news on next 2" kit and driving wagon kit?

The next 2 inch kit (16B) has now been packed and will be going out later today. For the wagon kit the springs need to go away to be heat treated, and then I believe that kit shouldn't far off from being complete.

Many thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Grier Thu 04 Jun 2020, 3:56 pm

Hey how about correcting the title from April, May, June 2019 production photos to April, May, June 2020 production photos. It just throws me off every time I search. cyclops affraid

Grier

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Thu 04 Jun 2020, 4:03 pm

Grier wrote:Hey how about correcting the title from April, May, June 2019 production photos to April, May, June 2020 production photos. It just throws me off every time I search. cyclops affraid

Well spotted Laughing Laughing Just testing Razz Razz
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark building a burrell Thu 04 Jun 2020, 5:29 pm

Cheers will thanks for the update

Mark building a burrell

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Wed 17 Jun 2020, 5:32 pm

Here we have a couple of pictures of the penultimate Lyka kit, we are not very far from releasing this kit, but more work needs doing first.

We are the first to admit progress on this batch had been slow (& painful at times) but hopefully the quality of parts and improvements made along the way in the ‘series 2’ in comparison to the ‘original’ Lykamobile gives some comfort for this.

One down (almost) and one to go.

April, May, June 2020 production photos Lk21a10
Here we are looking from the front of the car, and we can see that the safety valve has been added as well as the pipes and valves for the water gauge. What can't be seen is that the regulator has been test fitted, but has been taken off as more work was required. The regulator first off is nearly finished, and will be refitted once done.

April, May, June 2020 production photos Lk21b10
Here we can see the left hand blowdown valve, the right hand one will be identical (but obviously the valve spindle will point in the opposite direction).

Many thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Grier Wed 29 Jul 2020, 10:08 pm

Maybe we can get an update on the "post-penultimate" (last one Laughing ) kit for the Lykamobile?
Regards,
Grier

Grier

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Mon 10 Aug 2020, 3:53 pm

Grier wrote:Maybe we can get an update on the "post-penultimate" (last one Laughing ) kit for the Lykamobile?

Hi Grier (and all others off course Very Happy)

Your wish is my command, here are a few photos with an update of how the last kit is coming along Cool.

April, May, June 2020 production photos 2111
Here we have the throttle cable finally attached to the regulator, all that is left is to sort the return spring out on the pedal end and then the throttle cable will be done

April, May, June 2020 production photos 2310
Here is the safety valve, the balance of the safeties are on their way here having made sure this one was ok first.

April, May, June 2020 production photos 201910
Here is the pedal gate to go around the pedals to protect the wood from being damaged by the pedals.

April, May, June 2020 production photos 2410
Here we have the lubricator pipes connected to the lubricators and the cylinders.

April, May, June 2020 production photos 2511
And this is the pedal end of the throttle cable.

We have also ordered the pressure gauges, these should be 2-3 weeks away now. After that it shouldn't take too long to finish all the other parts. The one item that might not be ready along with the other components is the wicker basket, if it isn't ready in time then the basket will follow when it arrives.

Many thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  IanR Tue 11 Aug 2020, 9:01 pm

Hi Will,

I've just received the 2" Wagon kit 4. Just wondering why there's a replacement foot rest frame from kit 3. I've already fitted the one from kit 3 and did't see anything wrong with it. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Ian

IanR

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Wed 12 Aug 2020, 9:07 am

IanR wrote:Hi Will,

I've just received the 2" Wagon kit 4. Just wondering why there's a replacement foot rest frame from kit 3. I've already fitted the one from kit 3 and did't see anything wrong with it. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Ian

Hi Ian

The first ones had the pieces of angle welded on the wrong side of the box sections (they should have been welded onto the same side as the smaller holes, but were instead welded on the side with the bigger holes). If you have managed to make the original work or you have one that was for some reason welded on the correct way around, then please send the replacement back to us and we will refund the postage and put it back into stock.

Many thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  IanR Wed 12 Aug 2020, 11:20 am

Thanks Will,

Just checked the one I fitted. Looks like I was lucky and got a correct one! I'll get the replacement back to you.

IanR

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2012-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down