Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOW amazing!!

3 posters

Go down

WOW amazing!! Empty WOW amazing!!

Post  bazzer Tue 15 Oct 2019, 2:58 pm

Had to comment.
Phoned yesterday at 16:15 to order a part, left a message.
Part arrived this morning.
Now that's what I call amazing service!!!!

Barry.
bazzer
bazzer

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2015-05-01

Back to top Go down

WOW amazing!! Empty Re: WOW amazing!!

Post  Jim the Shovel Tue 15 Oct 2019, 3:38 pm

Much the same here. Had boiler inspector round yesterday for anual look see and had a problem with the HP injector.
Phone call to STW and it transpired that the cone was missing from the steam inlet.
Three turned up this morning. Need to turn them down a tad to fit into the body and then trial and error to get the length right.
Think it was Ian at STW. Many thanks, greatly appreciated.
Jim the Shovel
Jim the Shovel

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Tue 15 Oct 2019, 9:11 pm

Yep same service here with my aged Agri, one of things I always promote when I'm at rallies is the fact I'm not an engineer and without a workshop full of lathes and mills so running a STW engine is a doddle when it comes to needing any spares.
The times I hear folks who have bought a scratch built and dont have a machine shop to call on then have a failure and then have to spend the weeks between rallies locating someone to fix their engine.
Not with a STW engine, with just a phone call on the Monday morning after the rally the parts I've ordered have always been in the post virtually the following day Cool and by the next weekend I'm up and running again, not that I've had many failures.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum