Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April, May, June 2019 production photos.

+9
BurrellSimplicity
NorfolkModelSteam
Will@STW
Goliewogs
Heavyhaul
Mark the spark
bazzer
He Who Must Not Be Blamed
craig@STW
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 Empty Re: April, May, June 2019 production photos.

Post  craig@STW Fri 21 Jun 2019, 4:01 pm

photos for this week. the showmans/roadloco cylinder blocks are done. should be packed up early next week...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 EY9kKQ8

brake shaft mountings nearly finished...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 KDp4RT9

ive also been working on these evil little things. showman's weighshafts. simple looking...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 QtdfzIS

but require the use of a couple of complicated jigs to hold everything in place whilst the taper pin holes are drilled and reamed...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 7TC6EsW

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 GWGBmui

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 20HEMxF

ive also made the roller water pump mount. this has been done so the manual section can work on the water pipes. this is not the next kit to go, i believe that will be the flywheel...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 IcC94PU

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 RIqKleQ

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 W12bNKC

im also working on some front axle parts for the next kit of our small batch of 4inch fodens...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 B5NwbBW

another small batch of lyka boilers were passed off yesterday and are being prepared for dispatch...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 HRcVGjE

and lyka seat backs, sitting on the pile of seat bases, all ready to go off to the upholsterers...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 IH8TBzU

yes there is another delay with the showmans dynamo kit. it seems some parts that were in stock needed altering or re-making. all in house parts are done and all bought in parts are on order. i don't know any details on this... and yes i fully understand any frustrations Embarassed Rolling Eyes
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 Empty Roller Castings

Post  Will@STW Tue 25 Jun 2019, 8:49 am

Hi all

I have good news for the roller customers, the castings we have been waiting for over the last few months have finally arrived, and we've wasted no time getting that all important flywheel onto the control model to make certain that it fits on the crankshafts that you guys already have. This kit will now replace the kit 21 that you were going to receive next, and kit 21 will be pushed back as we start to get back to those earlier kits that we had to miss because of these castings being missing. We are still expecting more bits to come in, including the gear changer and weighshaft, but fingers crossed it should all come through in the next month or so, and we have been informed by our suppliers that they are on their way. In the meantime I have taken some pictures of the castings for you all to look at.

The steering worm
April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 311

The bottom steering Bracket
April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 412

Small weighshaft bracket
April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 511

Top Steering bracket
April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 112

The flywheel
April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 710
April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 1010

Thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2019-01-29

Back to top Go down

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 Empty Re: April, May, June 2019 production photos.

Post  NorfolkModelSteam Tue 25 Jun 2019, 7:13 pm

Looking good Will - thank you for the update! Any ideas on when the next kit might go out?

NorfolkModelSteam

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Traill Tue 25 Jun 2019, 10:14 pm

That flywheel sets the roller off a treat! Looking forward to seeing one on the rally field
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Wed 26 Jun 2019, 8:49 am

NorfolkModelSteam wrote:Looking good Will - thank you for the update! Any ideas on when the next kit might go out?

I will hopefully find out today, I've told the guys to start making the parts for kit 16B, but I'm uncertain as to how long it will take.

Thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Fri 28 Jun 2019, 4:07 pm

next roller kit will possibly be second half of next week. i only have one part to finish but we have no packing department on Monday and Tuesday.

and that last part is... the con-rod wedge...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 NEVzXz4

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 SfNoIzY

as already said above, flywheels are done...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 BBayGXN

not in the next kits but some of the steering parts are in and being worked on already...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 G6O0q6P

also in are the main diff gear castings...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 FIIgtsn

on the machines im just finishing the 2inch gear change brackets...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 VrdqYJP

and some injector parts...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 BaBWpnD

more for the roller, water pipes...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 CCVH1p2

and a 4inch foden front axle going together...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 C3Ctleq
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  BurrellSimplicity Tue 02 Jul 2019, 6:43 pm

Hi,

do the road loco cylinders have the mod for the regulator? what i mean is, does it have the stainless steel insert for the valve face instead of just the cast iron surface. And have the pilot and main valve regulator pucks been changed to be just the standard single valve puck?

I have noticed in some others build threads that there was some sort of mods for this so i'm hoping this has made it over to the new batch of models..

Thanks.

BurrellSimplicity

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2019-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:17 pm

BurrellSimplicity wrote:Hi,

do the road loco cylinders have the mod for the regulator? what i mean is, does it have the stainless steel insert for the valve face instead of just the cast iron surface. And have the pilot and main valve regulator pucks been changed to be just the standard single valve puck?

I have noticed in some others build threads that there was some sort of mods for this so i'm hoping this has made it over to the new batch of models..

Thanks.

I have had a look, and yes the stainless steel insert is now part of the kits for the DCC engines.

Thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  BurrellSimplicity Wed 03 Jul 2019, 4:24 pm

great news thanks Will.

bounce

BurrellSimplicity

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2019-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  John Bull Thu 04 Jul 2019, 7:59 pm

Hi Will et al

So far had(?) kits 1 (front wheels), 3 (smokebox) and 6 (boiler deposit) for the 4" Agri. Any idea when we can expect to receive our next kit and what it may be?

Best regards John Bull

(Actually no major rush as my son has been working away for a fair while!)

Hi John, I will see what is available when I'm in the office on Monday, like Craig said, drop me an email and I will reply to you through emails (I believe you are not running with the current batch as you came to the build late.

Thanks

Will@STW
John Bull
John Bull

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2019-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Fri 05 Jul 2019, 3:57 pm

John Bull wrote:Hi Will et al

So far had(?) kits 1 (front wheels), 3 (smokebox) and 6 (boiler deposit) for the 4" Agri. Any idea when we can expect to receive our next kit and what it may be?

Best regards John Bull

hello john, this is probably not the best place for individual kit questions, i would suggest a phone call to the office would get you better results. looking at what you have had so far i would suggest that rear wheels, horn plates or tender could be next for you but personally i really dont know whats available

EDIT: JUST SPOKE TO HELEN AND SHE SAID WE HAVE KIT 2 FRONT AXLE, 7 TENDER, 9 HORN-PLATES AVAILABLE AND 8 IS IN PRODUCTION NOW BUT YES, BEST TO PHONE.

Last edited by craig@STW on Fri 05 Jul 2019, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Fri 05 Jul 2019, 4:04 pm

this weeks photos... yes i know its july now and we should be on a new thread by my own rules but the parts for this week really are better placed here... and hopefully we can finally knock a certain kit on the head Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

yes thats right... the showmans dynamo is now so close that you should be able to smell it. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

the latest delay was really down to a mistake in stock numbers and we found we were just short on a few items, the exciter platform...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 RA8Lxq9

and exciter dummy center being just two of them

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 YvmDaQw

the cooling fans are done...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 SdyzOpk

and the all important new centers...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 YbrIxlM

99% is ready to go and it should be boxed up next week...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 FlUsUem

also this week a few castings have arrived, the roller weigh-shaft bracket...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 BU7lL0Y

on the 4th axis...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 JnNjRLr

and the SCC weigh-shaft bracket...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 EilE1HE

also some BU4 smoke box rings...

April, May, June 2019 production photos. - Page 3 IDWPx5a
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Goliewogs Sat 06 Jul 2019, 8:54 am

Still no progress/nothing for the Lykamobile?
Greg

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Sat 06 Jul 2019, 10:03 am

Hi Greg

The latest set of laser cuts are in, unfortunately we haven't been able to weld them together yet. That will be the next job once the dynamo is out the way.

Thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Mon 08 Jul 2019, 9:00 am

John Bull wrote:Hi Will et al

Best regards John Bull

Hi John

I will see what is available when I'm in the office on Monday, like Craig said, drop me an email and I will reply to you through emails (I believe you are not running with the current batch as you came to the build late.

Thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Fri 12 Jul 2019, 4:20 pm

Goliewogs wrote:Still no progress/nothing for the Lykamobile?
Greg

the lyka is being worked on. we have two sub-contractors working on the seats and the design for the boiler cladding is being finalized. all the fittings for this kit are here already.

please remember these photos are not a definitive guide to what is being made... to be quite honest they cover the few moments throughout the week that i actually remember to stop and record things Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  John Bull Sat 13 Jul 2019, 10:38 am

Will@STW wrote:Hi John
I will see what is available when I'm in the office on Monday, like Craig said, drop me an email and I will reply to you through emails (I believe you are not running with the current batch as you came to the build late.
Thanks
Will@STW

Hi Will
Yes I understand this, we did come late to the fold, but everything is delivered to my sons house 70 miles away who has a garage, whereas I live in a second floor flat with no garage/storage that is safe from oiks.
Also invoices (did) go to my sons house only within the kit, whereas after speaking to Helen (I think!) then I'll get an emailed copy so I can sort payments out etc..

Just saying that my curiosity was getting aroused as I'd not heard anything from DPD saying "it's on its way", plus the phone call for the boiler deposit as at the time I didn't know about it and I thought I was late. I don't want you to think I'm a slow payer, I just need to be aware that payment is required. This is by no means a complaint, just a curiosity.

I have emailed you through this forum.

Regards (Kevin) John Bull (a.k.a shifty and several other names I don't really want to type!)
John Bull
John Bull

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2019-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Midwest Steam Sat 13 Jul 2019, 8:50 pm

I think your best bet is to contact Rosemary with your personal email or on the phone, she can get you squared away. The email is Admin@steamtractionworld.co.uk I’m sure you have the phone number already. Hope this helps.
Midwest Steam
Midwest Steam

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2018-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Goliewogs Thu 18 Jul 2019, 12:54 pm

Thanks very much Will! I know the problems you are having as you have written to me before - but it is still good to be re-assured. Thanks once again.
Greg

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Thu 18 Jul 2019, 2:50 pm

Goliewogs wrote:Thanks very much Will! I know the problems you are having as you have written to me before - but it is still good to be re-assured. Thanks once again.
Greg

Hi Greg

I completely understand, and when I get the chance to, I will certainly reassure you all with pictures and an explanation. On a side note, some of you will be aware that Steve had made no provisions for a water tank level indicator. This has now been changed, there will be a pipe coming from the water feed manifold that has recently been designed (so that we can have everything drained easily for the winter), and heading for the drivers side of the car, and up to an acrylic tube. This will always be connected to the water tanks, and will show an accurate level all the time, and will also act as an overflow for the water tanks as it will be open ended. The tube will need to be cleaned out with a brush every now and again (like you would the tubes on a traction engine), as the tube is likely to get dirty over time.

Hopefully this addresses peoples concerns.

Thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3