Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Videos of a 4" Burrell build. Kit 1, front wheel.

4 posters

Go down

Videos of a 4" Burrell build. Kit 1, front wheel. Empty Videos of a 4" Burrell build. Kit 1, front wheel.

Post  John Bull Tue 05 Mar 2019, 10:24 pm

I recently came across a video on uTube of somebody building one of the front wheels from Kit 1.

The video showed the build at roughly twice normal speed, had a steam organs music as the backing track and the wheel looked like it was being built in the kitchen.

Anyone any idea which one I'm on about? Being a clean up sort of guy I destroy cookies and my search history every time I shut down the PC and now cannot find it.
It may even be one of Chrisx's build videos but all I can find of those at the moment are the unpacking videos.

Help appreciated. John Bull
John Bull
John Bull

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2019-02-01

Back to top Go down

Videos of a 4" Burrell build. Kit 1, front wheel. Empty Re: Videos of a 4" Burrell build. Kit 1, front wheel.

Post  Midwest Steam Wed 06 Mar 2019, 1:25 am

I believe this is what you're looking for

Midwest Steam
Midwest Steam

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2018-09-19

Back to top Go down

Videos of a 4" Burrell build. Kit 1, front wheel. Empty Re: Videos of a 4" Burrell build. Kit 1, front wheel.

Post  Ian Wed 06 Mar 2019, 9:08 am

Looks like miss Robinson to me Smile

Ian

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Wed 06 Mar 2019, 10:54 am

Hi Ho

Guilty as charged. This is my video and it is actually a wagon wheel. One of 8 done that day. But the principles are identical for all STW wheels.
Miss Lynn Robinson. A.K.A. The mad lass up North

I have a number of videos on my site www.youtube.com/highlandsteam relating to steam engine activities. (I must get round to playlisting them)
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Midwest Steam Wed 06 Mar 2019, 12:14 pm

It’s a nice channel with good steam content. Burning question is, will there be a part 6 to the firing a traction engine series?
Midwest Steam
Midwest Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Wed 06 Mar 2019, 1:08 pm

Hi

Yes I hope to continue the videos this spring.
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  Midwest Steam Wed 06 Mar 2019, 1:10 pm

Excellent, I’ll look forward to seeing them!
Midwest Steam
Midwest Steam

Back to top Go down

Post  John Bull Wed 06 Mar 2019, 8:01 pm

lynnr wrote:Hi Ho

Guilty as charged.

I have a number of videos on my site  www.youtube.com/highlandsteam relating to steam engine activities.

Going to subscribe now LynnR. Excellent video. Who is hovering in the background checking you are not damaging the table?? Very Happy
John Bull
John Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Wed 06 Mar 2019, 8:07 pm

Hi John

That would be my now departed mother. Not checking for damage but asking me about the fitting and what we were having for dinner.

We also have a facebook page steam traction world owners. It is a closed group but now over 100 members.
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  John Bull Wed 06 Mar 2019, 10:11 pm

Hi Lynnr
lynnr wrote:

We also have a facebook page  steam traction world owners. It is a closed group but now over 100 members.
Think I may have managed to get into that, but maybe not, been doing a lot of random searches lately!
John Bull
John Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down