Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Governor Base/Main Tube thread size/cleaning up

3 posters

Go down

Governor Base/Main Tube thread size/cleaning up Empty Governor Base/Main Tube thread size/cleaning up

Post  Dan Sun 30 Sep 2018, 10:11 pm

Hello! Does anyone know the thread size of where the main tube (BU42405) threads into the governor base (BU42401)? My digital calipers have packed up after the battery leaked into them. Also anyone know of a short cut to clean up brass threads without having to buy a new tap?
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Governor Base/Main Tube thread size/cleaning up Empty Re: Governor Base/Main Tube thread size/cleaning up

Post  craig@STW Fri 05 Oct 2018, 3:32 pm

should be 5/16 x 32
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Governor Base/Main Tube thread size/cleaning up Empty Re: Governor Base/Main Tube thread size/cleaning up

Post  Dan Fri 05 Oct 2018, 6:33 pm

Thanks Craig!
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon C Fri 05 Oct 2018, 7:11 pm

Hi Dan
It might be useful to try these people:- tracytools for M.E. taps and dies, you can get just the one tap or die required, I have used them before and was very satisfied with the service provided.
Simon
Simon C
Simon C

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2017-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Mon 15 Oct 2018, 8:10 pm

Thanks Simon, I logged onto tracy tools and found I had used them before!
Dan
Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down