Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Rallys

+5
MrStationHouse
made-in-england
Mick1020
Chrs777
LiveSteam
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2017 Rallys - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 Rallys

Post  lynnr Sun 23 Jul 2017, 7:49 pm

imgur is good for photos
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Sun 23 Jul 2017, 8:45 pm

I did wonder about that site and a few others but again I wonder how long before they decide to charge or vanish off the face of the earth like imagecave did some years back. Which on that occasion took everyones photos with them Shocked
Youtube I feel is the least likely to go poof over night and they make a decent amount of revenue to at least break even and googles big enough hopefully to keep it going for a good few years to come.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Sun 23 Jul 2017, 8:54 pm

True

Also my photobucket account was not affected but the blanket delete has killed my thread as well.

I have just tried opening PB and the site does not load very well. Hummmm
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Sun 23 Jul 2017, 9:33 pm

lynnr wrote:

The sites been buggy as hell even before they killed off everyones links, I wouldnt be at all surprised if the get regular DDoS attacks due to them upsetting a lot of folks. I read on one of the tech sites I look at that theres an underground movement that want to take PB down for what they have done, how true that is though ???

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Tue 25 Jul 2017, 8:02 pm

Yay got my Rudgewick passes through now http://www.rudgwicksteamshow.co.uk/ first time we went last year and loved it.

Still waiting for the Weald of Kent, but I've been told we're in........with the other 60 miniatures Shocked should be a good show, new one for us, but have had plenty of great reports for this rally.

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:08 pm

LiveSteam wrote:Well thats Twyford waterworks done Cool  bumped into and saw Rob & Tash Showmans work of art, stunning level of detail on it and is likely to be another show winner in my eyes, really not far off steaming, sorry if the wifes organ was a little annoying Rob Embarassed

Bill Targett next.

Was good to catch up, I'm in the process of building a slightly smaller 14 key organ so was quite nice to see inside it and hear it play. I have to say I do like the sound of the organ playing and to me it will never be annoying. Boiler inspector is here Saturday for both Hydraulic and Steam test so fingers crossed all goes well.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:11 pm

LiveSteam wrote:
lynnr wrote:

The sites been buggy as hell even before they killed off everyones links, I wouldnt be at all surprised if the get regular DDoS attacks due to them upsetting a lot of folks. I read on one of the tech sites I look at that theres an underground movement that want to take PB down for what they have done, how true that is though ???

I use Flickr, but even that is not very user friendly from mobile devices anymore. Getting the BBCode is impossible now unless you login with a PC.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Wed 26 Jul 2017, 7:33 pm

Robfishman wrote:
LiveSteam wrote:Well thats Twyford waterworks done Cool  bumped into and saw Rob & Tash Showmans work of art, stunning level of detail on it and is likely to be another show winner in my eyes, really not far off steaming, sorry if the wifes organ was a little annoying Rob Embarassed

Bill Targett next.

Was good to catch up, I'm in the process of building a slightly smaller 14 key organ so was quite nice to see inside it and hear it play.  I have to say I do like the sound of the organ playing and to me it will never be annoying.  Boiler inspector is here Saturday for both Hydraulic and Steam test so fingers crossed all goes well.  

Cheers, I like it and it means my wife has something to do when I'm out on the engine and she enjoys it, but we realise its not everyones cuppa, you'll be surprised how often you can see folks inwardly groan when we rock up and the organ comes out, but because her's is hand turned its not just left running under attended as it only works of course when she's winding the handly and generally when we leave folks love it Cool Will look forward to your 14 key making an outing.

Is Peter doing your testing ??

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Wed 26 Jul 2017, 7:49 pm

Once of many projects to be finished, all the parts are cut ready and need to be painted before being put together.

Yes, although its not him coming Saturday its Keith.  I am hoping all goes ok, I had a problem getting water into the boiler last time it was steamed.  The pressure wasn't high enough for the injector to pick up and the pump needs to be looked at by trade descriptions as it was far from pumping Laughing   Think I have solved that but have not steamed since.  I spoke to Peter and will see how it goes on Saturday.  The plan is to do both the hydraulic and steam test on the same day, but we will see how it goes.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:15 pm

Robfishman wrote:Once of many projects to be finished, all the parts are cut ready and need to be painted before being put together.
I know the feeling, my issue is time, dont suppose you are selling any "spare time" Laughing

Robfishman wrote:
Yes, although its not him coming Saturday its Keith.  I am hoping all goes ok, I had a problem getting water into the boiler last time it was steamed.  The pressure wasn't high enough for the injector to pick up and the pump needs to be looked at by trade descriptions as it was far from pumping Laughing   Think I have solved that but have not steamed since.  I spoke to Peter and will see how it goes on Saturday.  The plan is to do both the hydraulic and steam test on the same day, but we will see how it goes.

You should be fine Cool Should get both done in the day without issue, the pump, if its similar to the agri does need to be running a fair time to put any decent amount in, as long as the clack gets cold that indicates it doing its stuff. Injectors can be fiddly although the STW ones tend to be pretty good if they are still using the same as mine, will pick up from 50-60psi if the boilers empty enough, if the waters above the clack to any degree I find it needs a lot more ooomph
Sorry if I'm Teaching grandmother to suck eggs here Embarassed

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Thu 27 Jul 2017, 7:45 pm

Yay passes have arrived for Weald of Kent Cool http://www.wealdofkentsteamrally.co.uk/

New show for us this year, apparently they have 60 minatures booked in Cool

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Mon 07 Aug 2017, 10:22 pm

Just landed back from this the above Rally. Only one word BRILLIANT Cool Well over 100 engines split between full and scale.

Its held around the outside of a grass airfield and the chap that runs it Bill Giles is a top bloke and total steam nut, we had a drivers breifing (new one on me) on Saturday morning where he said "I've got you coal, burn it and move, you've got a 1 mile circuit around the sides of the airfield go and enjoy it" or words to that effect, basically dont just sit there boiling water.
Well it would seem rude not to, so thats exactly what we did, lovely grass running surface with very minimal lumps and bumps, its a real throw back to rallies of old, it had a HUGE arena marked out with classic chestnut paling fence and he'd thought of everything.
Water was in abundance with IBC's dotted about all over the place even around the arena, these were regularly topped up the whole time with a number of Fire Appliances runing about, the scale stuff had 3 IBC's just for us all nicely spaced out along the area, these had been kitted out with taps and a short length of hose and on a few pallets to give some head without making it gush out. Coal plentiful and while it was a bag/day for a 4" if you'd needed more I really dont think there would have been an issue as long as you were running about. You had a choice of Russian or Welsh, the Russian smoked like hell but burnt to a fine powder and produced virtually no clinker or ash. I only needed to clear the pan once each day even with all the running about, it was most bizzare, but by heck was it smokey. Some found it bunged their tubes up but when I sweapt mine Sunday I found it no different to my regular Welsh. The Russian I found was also very tollerent of being left, lunchtime or Beer tent time the engine could be left of well over an hour and on return you'd open the fire doors and think crumbs its gone out and the pressure falling off rapidly you could give it a little poke and a few mins of blower and you'd be back from 40 to 100 and a bright fire again (with a shed load of smoke Laughing )
I've come back with half a bag of the stuff which I'll use as "effect" smoke for those time I fancy a bit of smoke.

The piece de resistance came on the last Grand Parade on Sunday with over 70 engines in the ring where Bill personally hands out plaques, and we're not talking about a bit of pressed tin, oh no, its something like a 4" Oval polished cast brass bit of kit that must be nigh on 5mm thick Shocked an absolutely stunning plaque.

Stunning setting, stunning engines, met all our lovely steam friends again who had said I had to go and while we had a couple of showers on Saturday stunning weather. Oh and did i mentioned planes taking off and landing just a few yards from the caravan, outside the public access times of course. Considering this rallly is so new 4th year I think its amazing, Bills got it so right. Cant wait for next year  Cool

I'll sort some pics out later this week.

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2