Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Awaited Foden 6" Kit 30

2 posters

Go down

Long Awaited Foden 6" Kit 30 Empty Long Awaited Foden 6" Kit 30

Post  Steam Traction World Wed 27 Jan 2016, 8:34 am

Morning,

Ref: C Type

Had contact from the wood supplier for this kit last night and he plans to have it completed on Thursday delivering it to us on Friday. Assuming this happens then it will be our intention to get this Kit out to you guys next week. Can't give you an exact day at this stage as the water lifter casting has just arrrived and we are machining that to put in with the kit.
Apologies for the delay. I believe the wood has actually had the order since November but the sheer quantity and workload has taken him longer than he anticipated.

Ref: SWB

The base and side tanks are now welded up and we are just waiting for a final laser cut to come in to be able to despatch this (Steve accidentally order a quantity of 8 instead of 32). The laser cut is also due in this week and will be formed and welded up as soon it arrives with the intention of shipping this kit one day next week (around about the same time as the C Type).

All the best

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Long Awaited Foden 6" Kit 30 Empty Re: Long Awaited Foden 6" Kit 30

Post  Vapor Wed 27 Jan 2016, 8:41 am

Thank You for the update Dean, that is good news I'm sure this will keep all of us builders busy for a while, please pass my thanks on to all the team for their continuing effort to provide us with the very high quality products we have come to expect from STW.

Ian
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down