Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A BIG ask!!!!

3 posters

Go down

A BIG ask!!!! Empty A BIG ask!!!!

Post  Steam Traction World Mon 28 Jul 2014, 4:38 pm

Hi All,

Due to a problem with one of our lorries we decided to reduce the stand sizes for all the shows apart from GDSF this year.

However, after having a stand at the Welland show this weekend both Steve and I felt a reduced stand size with limited engines certainly did us NO justice whatsoever.

We have therefore decided to go back to a larger stand (even if we need to hire another lorry to get the products their).....The only issue we have with this is that currently we do not have a Road Loco or Showman's to display (they are away being brilliantly assembled and painted by Steve Traill)...........

So on to THE BIG ASK...........

Does any how have a Road Loco or Showmans (or both) that they would be willing to lend us or even better bring to Astle Park or even the Lincoln Rally as a display for the stand???? The show dates for Astle Park, Cheshire is 9th & 10th August and for Lincoln is the following week, 16th & 17th August.........You don't have to be able to do both, either one will be fine as some one else may be able to do the other.......The engine would need to spend the day on the stand but could possibly be in steam if you wanted and if you wanted to you could then have a 'play' in the evening.........We would obviously cover any costs incurred (unless you are one of our New Zealand customers!!!), plus keep you in food, drink etc etc......all of the above is negotiable within reason as i really think we miss out by not having them there.

Should you be in the position to help and wish to do so then please feel free to give me a call to discuss.

Thanks

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A BIG ask!!!! Empty Re: A BIG ask!!!!

Post  lynnr Tue 29 Jul 2014, 6:59 am

Would love to help but think Crystal is a bit far away for those events.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  iain Tue 29 Jul 2014, 3:04 pm

Lincoln has a nice road run down to the dambusters about 3-4 miles as well that the full size and minatures do on the saturday night  Smile 

I'll be there, neither the foden or the fowler will though  Crying or Very sad fowler is still waiting on some bits

iain

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2012-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum