Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket

5 posters

Go down

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket Empty Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket

Post  lynnr Mon 31 Dec 2012, 3:54 pm

Hi All

As requested. Instructions on how to upload from Iphone, Ipad or PC using Photobucket.com App. Scroll down for PC instructions

I use the Iphone application on both phone and pad as it is quicker and more reliable.

The application can be found at Photobucket App

Once you have the photos upload as per the PB app instructions. Then we can start.

AT NO time during these instructions do you use the edit icons above the edit box on the forum.

First launch the app on your Ipad or Iphone.
(The first time you start the App it will ask for permission to access your photo library. Please allow)

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket IMG_0224_zps5773ac95

I always go to Albums by tapping on the word "Albums".
Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket IMG_0225_zpsa1631ea5
As this gives access to "newest uploads"

tap on "Newest Uploads"
Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket IMG_0226_zps9b1c2fed

Tap on the first of your "New uploads" or the image you want.
Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket IMG_0227_zps5f962af2

Now down the bottom right there is a "i"
Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket IMG_0228_zps65a5ef6c

Tap the "i" to access the information popup.
Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket IMG_0229_zpscfdcf076

Tap on the "img" code line. (In the textbox not the word "img")

You will then get the message "Copied Image Code"
Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket IMG_0230_zpsa384e6b2

Navigate how ever you do it. Using "home button" or 4 finger swipe. Bring up your browser with your current post edit page displayed. Place the cursor where you want the picture to appear.

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket IMG_0231_zpsa2293f95

Then "press and hold" the screen until the "Select, Select All, Paste" popup appears.
Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket IMG_0232_zps3adefa02

tap on the "Paste". The copied image code will appear.
Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket IMG_0233_zps3b89b538

You have successfully copied a image tag over from the photobucket app to your forum post. You can then go between each application until you have all your images copied over. Clicking on "Preview" will allow you to see your progress.

Then as they say on the shampoo bottle. Repeat if required.

Any problems or edits please let me know. Incorrect instructions are worse than no instructions.

PC Upload differences

Using a PC is slightly different but not much. All action areas tinted yellow.

From the Photobucket website. Navigate to the destination directory.
Once there. Click on the "Click to Upload" button

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket Upload%20using%20this%20button_zps1wefd6m5

Navigate as you normally would to the pictures. Select one or many and click upload/open

Once upload complete. Navigate to the first photo you want to use in STW forum

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket Ready%20to%20copy%20link_zpsh6ryc8ib

Click on the img detail box.

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket Ready%20to%20copy%20link_zpsh6ryc8ib

It should change to "Copied" briefly

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket Link%20copied_zpswbe8ucx8

Go back to the STW forum tab or window and either click "new post" or "reply". New post if this is the first posting and a new thread. "Reply" used to continue a thread and have all subsequent pictures in the same posting.

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket New%20text%20box_zpshdu1havg

Type your text etc. Then when you want a picture to appear. Always press "enter" to get the cursor at the start of a new line

Then press and hole "CTRL" and press "V". This will paste a pile of text in to the textbox. Thus

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket Link%20pasted_zpsi6kg691l

Always do a couple "Enter" key presses immediately after to move the cursor down a line or two and leave a space for the next picture or text.

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket Preview%20or%20send_zpst6brifwb

Never edit anything between the "[URL ......  /URL]"

Once your post is ready either click "preview" to see what you have. Then remember to click "Send" to submit the post and allow everyone else to see it.

Last edited by lynnr on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket Empty Re: Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket

Post  Vapor Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:32 pm

Lyn,

I see you have two Photobucket icons one black one blue, I cant find the black one in the app store what's the difference as when I launch my blue one on my ipad its a little to what your showing.

Ian
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket Empty Re: Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket

Post  lynnr Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:42 pm

Hi Ian

I will try and have a look tonight and update the instructions. Photobucket has changed both the Ipad and Iphone apps slightly over the last couple months.

Oh BTW

Yes the two icons are one Ipad the other Iphone at the time of posting.
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike King Fri 20 Mar 2015, 9:46 am

Hi Lynn,
I have loaded the android app to my pad (samsung). My main problem is that as my internet has child protection, photobucket will not let me go public unless i shut the protection down. I am reluctunt to do this as it is there to prevent my teenaged grand kids from accessing dodgy sites or images. Is there s alternative means to put pictures on the forum?
Regards
Mike

Mike King

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2014-09-04

http://www.mikekingphotography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Fri 20 Mar 2015, 5:28 pm

Hi

In your router you could put an exception to the fully qualified domain name for your photobucket account.

mine being https://s1233.photobucket.com/

Then you can get to your account but no other site within photobucket would be accessible.

You can also in most routers set exceptions for a specific computer. Some will also allow you to set a password which allows access only while that browser session is open.
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike King Fri 20 Mar 2015, 5:48 pm

Thanks for the info, it all sounds highly technical. I will try that and see how i go.
Thanks again.

Mike King

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Fri 20 Mar 2015, 9:13 pm

It does depend if the protection is done at the router or at ISP level, I'm on VirginMedia which have their own protection but its done at their end rather than locally and their settings are just on or off and nothing inbetween which in my view is rubbish and can at times be overly aggressive Rolling Eyes

We work on the principle of keeping the grandkids amused with enough to keep them off the dam interwebs and when they do want to use it they either use a machine I have set up or via a guest wifi account which I change the password regularly on, the router logs all sites visited and I've said to them if I see anything at all dodgy in the logs all access to the web will be with-drawn, seems to have worked as far as I can tell.

Although to be honest any kid with a ounce of nounce will soon work out something like zenmate (other VPN software is available) will get round pretty much anything an ISP has or even your local router has set up on it.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike King Fri 20 Mar 2015, 9:38 pm

Thanks, i have taken another look at my system. I can overide the protection for a short while, and follows Lynns original instructions.
i'm a photographer, and am always uploading photos. I cant understand why this site cant just take a normal upload system, even attachments. There is obviously a valid technical reason. I do appreciate your input. My grandkids live two doors away, so get a good wifi signal, and use mine, so i cant closely monitor them. Although they a sensible, but theres so much rubbish on the net, i dont want the risk. I guess when i've mastered it i'll be ok.
Regards
Mike

Mike King

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Sat 21 Mar 2015, 1:22 pm

Mike King wrote:Thanks, i have taken another look at my system. I can overide the protection for a short while, and follows Lynns original instructions.
i'm a photographer, and am always uploading photos. I cant understand why this site cant just take a normal upload system, even attachments. There is obviously a valid technical reason. I do appreciate your input. My grandkids live two doors away, so get a good wifi signal, and use mine, so i cant closely monitor them. Although they a sensible, but theres so much rubbish on the net, i dont want the risk. I guess when i've mastered it i'll be ok.
            Regards
               Mike

Ah right well I can see why you are concerned then Wink

While the site here doesnt seem to be able to host direct you can use the button that says "host an image" (17th from the left) and then it seems to upload the image to serving.com and then you can paste the url back in to the insert an image button, thats what I have done with the below image. However doing it that way means you have little control over the image or where its stored.
As for reasons why the site doesnt allow uploading, that maybe due to cost, as lyne has found if you start to get lots of views of your images it can push bandwidth up and bandwidth costs money, as does storage, if everyone started uploading hi-res photos to this site it would no longer be free to Traction World to use, it is after all it is freely hosted from www.forumandco.com

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket Dsc02410

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike King Sat 21 Mar 2015, 2:09 pm

Of course, i can understand where you are coming from. I have been thinking, that i can remove the protection late in the evening when i know the net is not being used. Thanks for you help.😊cracking picture by the way. Mike

Mike King

Back to top Go down

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket Empty Can't upload photo's

Post  wingman Thu 08 Sep 2016, 12:59 pm

I have now been trying for weeks to upload some pics onto the forum but am having difficulties .....Help.

I am using an Ipad and have downloaded the photobucket app .

Firstly I don't get the images on screen that are shown here by Lynn.

I have all my photo's in album .

Upon following the instructions I reach the point of where I wish to send the pics from album to my post on here and this is where the problem begins,I just get a blank screen then get onto forum post and nothing.

Help ........

Thanks John.

wingman

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Thu 08 Sep 2016, 4:25 pm

Hi

I have done a quick video on uploading photos to photobucket and creating a post on STW forum.

lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  wingman Fri 09 Sep 2016, 8:44 pm

Thanks Lynn,I shall try again and see what happens , your a life saver buddy always there to give help and advise.many thanks.

wingman

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Fri 30 Jun 2017, 8:02 pm

It seems that Photobucket have pulled 3rd party linking unless you pay them vast sums of money Evil or Very Mad

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Fri 30 Jun 2017, 9:14 pm

That's a bugger.

My pictures are fine as I have used a Plus20 account since 2010. Not expensive at all and does remove all the adverts and bandwidth restrictions.

So if you have a lot of pictures on photobucket. You have three choices.

Pay a comparatively small fee  and not have to do anything and get extra facilities with photobucket.
Move your pictures to another service and re-link everything.
Leave the forum threads broken. not a nice prospect for the community.

Last edited by lynnr on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and autocorrect.)
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Fri 30 Jun 2017, 9:56 pm

lynnr wrote:
Pay a comparatively small fee  and not have to do anything and get extra facilities with photobucket.

There doesnt seem to be the "small fee" option Neutral its $399 or nothing Evil or Very Mad

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:17 pm

They have removed the plus20 but the others are still there.
Ah I see the 3rd party bugger. That definitely screws things up.

My "pricing" page is different when I am signed in.but the picture below is the one from no signin.

Instructions for uploading and posting images from Iphone/Ipad and PC via photobucket 619500A4-8DA0-4B41-BF68-C47A82AE6458_zpstrl9togj
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:27 pm

Tell me about it Evil or Very Mad

My account has 100's of pictures linked over many many places, most forums I cannot change the links as there are time limits on editing posts.

I suspect your Plus20 account may go the same way when you try and renew it. I dont mind paying a small fee for 3rd party linking even at the cost of lower storage, but $399/yr is just a crazy figure.

Its a shame as I think this will just drive more folks to Face Ache Rolling Eyes

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down