Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

next showmans/roadloco kit. water pump...

+10
Flasback
Tim Pennett
Robfishman
Watts&Son
mikero
Steam Traction World
Steve Traill
Tim Watson
Tony King
craig@STW
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

next showmans/roadloco kit. water pump... - Page 2 Empty Re: next showmans/roadloco kit. water pump...

Post  craig@STW Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:20 pm

yeah, busy as usual. not much different from last week up till today, but... water pump castings arrived today so now we can knock this on the head. photos tomorrow when there's something worth seeing Cool
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

next showmans/roadloco kit. water pump... - Page 2 Empty Re: next showmans/roadloco kit. water pump...

Post  craig@STW Tue 03 Jul 2012, 10:16 pm

OK, some more photos. the pump castings...

next showmans/roadloco kit. water pump... - Page 2 Work027

the eccentric straps with the groove cut in them...

next showmans/roadloco kit. water pump... - Page 2 Work024-1

some fittings...

next showmans/roadloco kit. water pump... - Page 2 Work025

next showmans/roadloco kit. water pump... - Page 2 Work026-1

and the pump on the control model...

next showmans/roadloco kit. water pump... - Page 2 Work031

not very easy to get at !!!...

next showmans/roadloco kit. water pump... - Page 2 Work033
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Wed 04 Jul 2012, 5:07 pm

Ha Ha Will be for me, crank can still be taken out.... Very Happy tongue When's it leaving??
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Wed 04 Jul 2012, 5:43 pm

with Isabel on holiday, its actually a bit of a chore to get a kit dispatched. however we are just about finished so it could be within a week. i'm sure dean will have a planed date.
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasback Wed 04 Jul 2012, 8:24 pm

I have a strange feeling this kit is going to make me cry......and not from joy Sad

Flasback

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Watson Thu 05 Jul 2012, 12:15 am

highpressure wrote:Ha Ha Will be for me, crank can still be taken out.... Very Happy tongue When's it leaving??

Even if you can't take out the crank, I'm sure a half decent dentist or gynaecologist could sort it out!

Tim
Tim Watson
Tim Watson

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Thu 05 Jul 2012, 8:13 am

Suppose you can always take the bearing casting out of the hornplate with the crank if needs must.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:14 am

Hi All

The water pump and drive can be installed with the crank in place. It is a bit awkward particularly getting to the nut holding the connecting rod to the eccentric strap but as long as you've got a long extension to your 1/4" drive socket its okay. I'll cover the way we put our control model together in the instructions. Would it be easier with the crank out? Yes it would without a doubt, but I for one wouldn't bother.

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Thu 05 Jul 2012, 5:49 pm

I was only gloating because I have held on for what seems like forever to fit the pump easily Embarassed .... I know its possible to put it in with the crank in place, I just happen to be fortunate, but for those following a few kits behind it might be something to consider, after all it simply meant holding on to fix the third speed gear in place and I have still been able to run the engine anyway. As you know fitting and patience are not the best of friends here so I wanted to make my life a little simpler.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasback Thu 05 Jul 2012, 7:03 pm

Kev,

To be honest you planned ahead and had a good idea, credit to you sir, I wish I had.. Embarassed what's the saying 'less speed more'

Flasback

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Thu 05 Jul 2012, 8:37 pm

Luckily, I have the crank in but the eccentric rods and connecting rods are currently off awaiting the cleading coming back from powder coater. I think it will be reasonably easy to fit without the rods in place but with the crank still in. Not so much good planing, just short on time as I am up to date with the kits but not the assembly process Shocked

Brian
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2