Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Designer/Technical/Sales/Accounts/Machinist & now delivery boys!

4 posters

Go down

Designer/Technical/Sales/Accounts/Machinist & now delivery boys! Empty Designer/Technical/Sales/Accounts/Machinist & now delivery boys!

Post  Steam Traction World Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:08 am

Well the nightmare with the 6" Foden chassis' continue. After the steel company cutting them wrong twice, the courier collected them on Thursday for delivery to customers. Only to them email on Friday morning to say they were at the main hub & were too big & heavy for delivery........oh yeah & to rub salt in the wounds could we collect them!!!
This even though Isabel had spoken to them previously regarding the size & weight & they'd agreed they could do it.

So here it is Saturday morning & Steve & I have hired a LWB transit & are off delivering round the country. Fortunately for us the customer based in Cornwall has agreed to meet us at Weston Super Mare, saving us a few hours & another customer up in Cheshire has said he will now collect. Thank you to both these guys & all the other cutomers who came & picked theirs & people close to them first kit up yesterday, it's really appreciated.

Right enough typing, gotta a 600 round trip to be getting on with. Anyone want a paper dropping off while we are at it. Lol

Have a great weekend

Dean & Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Designer/Technical/Sales/Accounts/Machinist & now delivery boys! Empty Re: Designer/Technical/Sales/Accounts/Machinist & now delivery boys!

Post  lynnr Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:27 am

Not good. I think you will be glad I am not building one. If you are up the far far north you are always welcome.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Designer/Technical/Sales/Accounts/Machinist & now delivery boys! Empty Re: Designer/Technical/Sales/Accounts/Machinist & now delivery boys!

Post  Robfishman Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:23 am

All thats left now is for you to bolt them all together, and paint them for a full house lol!

Actually that's a nightmare, is this usual courier?

When they say too heavy what weight are they talking about? I hope you won't find this with future kits, and with the 6" Burrell if it gets started in the future.

Must be nice though getting round and meeting some of the builders, putting faces to names.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian M Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:23 pm

I must admit the customer in Cheshire is a really nice chap, he even offered to pick up any parts I needed from STW and I am building the DCC Showman Very Happy .

Cheers,

Brian
Brian M
Brian M

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down