Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2" Burrell Kit 16B - Flywheel & Con Rod Kit

5 posters

Go down

2" Burrell Kit 16B - Flywheel & Con Rod Kit Empty 2" Burrell Kit 16B - Flywheel & Con Rod Kit

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 07 Oct 2008, 1:57 pm

Hi 2" Burrell Builders,

We have just had an update from our casting supplier to let us know that the flywheels will be delivered to us within the next 10 days. It is currently our intention to do everything we can to complete this kit by the end of October. As with our other models an invoice will be included in the kit and upon receipt we would appreciate payment by return.

All the best

Dean & Steve.

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

2" Burrell Kit 16B - Flywheel & Con Rod Kit Empty Re: 2" Burrell Kit 16B - Flywheel & Con Rod Kit

Post  BUNGLE Tue 07 Oct 2008, 3:07 pm

THANKS FOR THAT INFO. Smile
REGARDS
BRUCE

BUNGLE

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

2" Burrell Kit 16B - Flywheel & Con Rod Kit Empty Re: 2" Burrell Kit 16B - Flywheel & Con Rod Kit

Post  Vapor Thu 23 Oct 2008, 11:05 pm

Hi Dean/Steve,

How's the production going with 16b, did the castings arrive as thought and are you still on for the end of the month. Smile
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 30 Oct 2008, 8:38 pm

Hi 2" Burrell Builders,

Below is a photo of the flywheels as promised. Only 30 have been delivered with the remaining 70 due the early part of next week. We've already managed to get them on a lathe this afternoon and if everything goes to plan we hope to despatch this kit towards the end of next week.

Dean & Steve

2" Burrell Kit 16B - Flywheel & Con Rod Kit Burrel14

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TonyT Thu 30 Oct 2008, 8:48 pm

Looking good roll on end of next week Cool
TonyT
TonyT

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Vapor Mon 03 Nov 2008, 11:45 pm

Hi Steve/Dean,

I have today received an invoice for kit16, I assume this is for 16b I thought these were being sent out with the kits, has there been a change of plan??.
Ian
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 04 Nov 2008, 8:12 am

Hi Ian,

No change of plan that i am aware of. It's probably a copy that Isabel has sent everyone as some people returned theirs with payment. I'll check and reply when i get home later. (Still no internet or Email at the office thanks to the incompetent BT)

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 04 Nov 2008, 8:24 am

Hi All,

Just a further update on kit 16b which is due for despatch this week.

The flywheels we have been machining are unbelievably hard. We have been going through tooling and drills like nobody's business. We have therefore taken the decision to send them away for heat treatment to be annealled. This will hopefully soften the SG iron and make it more machining friendly. This process will mean that the flywheels will be away for a week and once returned we will have around another weeks work to complete them.

We do still intend to despatch a kit this week and instead of including the flywheel we plan to include the weightshaft bracket and crank shaft gear guard as replacements. This is in keeping with our policy that customers should receive parts to the value of their kit. The flywheel will then be included in the despatch due at the end of November.

Regards

Dean & Steve.

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

2" Burrell Kit 16B - Flywheel & Con Rod Kit Empty Kit 16B

Post  Big Al Mon 10 Nov 2008, 1:08 pm

Just spoke to Isobel - Kit 16B being despatched today (Monday) she was writing the labels as I spoke to her. Save anyone else enquiring

Alan

Big Al

Number of posts : 147

Back to top Go down

2" Burrell Kit 16B - Flywheel & Con Rod Kit Empty BU21025 - Oiler Tube

Post  Big Al Thu 13 Nov 2008, 6:40 pm

Keen as ever to see how it fits, I assembled Kit 16B only to find that I had the Oiler tube left over.

The instructions did not detail how to fit this all together, or refer to it.

When I phoned up Dean stated it fitted in the Oiler body BU21616 on the end of BU21017 to hold a wick, obvious really. Embarassed

Checking the ISO 16D I noted that there is a mistake in the part numbers. BU21025 was shown as BU21625 and also BU21017 is shown as BU21617.

Just in case anyone else was wondering. Laughing

Alan

Big Al

Back to top Go down

2" Burrell Kit 16B - Flywheel & Con Rod Kit Empty Water gauge brackets

Post  Big Al Tue 02 Dec 2008, 9:00 pm

Spent last night trial fitting the water gauge pipe BU21623 from Kit 16A to the top water gauge bracket, fitted OK but was a tight fit with the Steam head assembly in place and fiddly with a spanner
Fitted the lower gauge bracket with lock nut to the extension from the boiler. Went to line up the top and bottom gauge brackets and found they wouldn't line up. The problem being that the size of the olives on the water gauge pipe was so big that the 2 lock nuts positioning the upper gauge bracket had to be as close to the gauge end as possible to allow the pipe to tighten up. This in turn meant that the lower bracket was too far back to line up. when fully screwed in with the lock nut on it still wasn't close enough. The only solution was to remove the lock nut from the lower bracket and this allowed the gauges to line up correctly.

The upper gauge bracket can be fixed in place with the 2 lock nuts on the shaft as the shaft can be removed out of the side of the hornplate with the gauge attached. Makes it easier to spray as a unit and make a neat job

Alan

Big Al

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down