Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queensland floods, Australia

2 posters

Go down

Queensland floods, Australia Empty Queensland floods, Australia

Post  chrisnchrisroberts Wed 12 Jan 2011, 12:15 am

We thought we had seen a good flood when we were marooned for 2 nights at the shopping centre near the 3 Counties Showgrounds in 2007. We went to Hervey Bay on Christmas day and it rained and we were flooded in for a week. We managed to get home only for it to rain again and we have been flooded in ever since. Then the rain moved south a bit and all hell broke loose. I think the events in Toowoomba have been shown on UK TV. www.couriermail.com.au will give you more info. I am thinking of getting a belt and connecting it to the Burrell, there again I may need a bigger Burrell. We may not be able to go anywhere for a week or more but due to my wifes undying devotion to shopping, we have plenty of food. One of the wifes relatives sent us photos of the Snow in North Wales, you can keep that, at least it is warm here when it rains. Chris

chrisnchrisroberts

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Queensland floods, Australia Empty Water water everywhere

Post  lynnr Wed 12 Jan 2011, 8:15 am

Hi Chris

You keep safe down there. Up here in Scotland we have been having max temps of -5c for the last 2 months now!
Of course the snow up here is not news worthy but we do have a few feet.
Not been able to paint my showman :-(
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down