Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kit 3: Nuts and bolts on the tender water tank

2 posters

Go down

Kit 3: Nuts and bolts on the tender water tank Empty Kit 3: Nuts and bolts on the tender water tank

Post  Tim Watson Mon 20 Dec 2010, 8:21 pm

Being a late developer, I have just resumed work on the tender of my SRL(S) - aided by some bad weather and a heater in the workshop. One point to bear in mind is that all of the fixings that originate in the tender water space would have studs / bolts fixed to the tender body with nuts on the outside: at least for components such as the inspection cover and brake cross shaft bearings, which may require easy removal (the Ex Mayor photos show this).

For neatness, it is tempting to but the bolt heads on the outside with nuts internally, but this means that the wet side of the bolt will rust and would be difficult to remove. I don't think that the instructions indicate what is correct in this matter.

Just an observation for the obsessive compulsives amongst you.

Tim
Tim Watson
Tim Watson

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Kit 3: Nuts and bolts on the tender water tank Empty Obsessive compulsive

Post  Steve Traill Mon 20 Dec 2010, 11:05 pm

Where does that leave an obsessive compulsive with a streak of 'aesthetically pleasing' running through him??? affraid
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Kit 3: Nuts and bolts on the tender water tank Empty Re: Kit 3: Nuts and bolts on the tender water tank

Post  Tim Watson Tue 21 Dec 2010, 12:21 am

Frustrated

Tim
Tim Watson
Tim Watson

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Kit 3: Nuts and bolts on the tender water tank Empty Re: Kit 3: Nuts and bolts on the tender water tank

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down