Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed for Tender Locomotive 5" gauge Kit - Stolen Boiler

2 posters

Go down

Help needed for Tender Locomotive 5" gauge Kit - Stolen Boiler Empty Help needed for Tender Locomotive 5" gauge Kit - Stolen Boiler

Post  curtisk Sun 17 Oct 2010, 2:25 pm

Hi All,

Over the last few years my father in law has been steadily bulding his Oliver Cromwell 5" gauge kit. Fortunately for him he recieved all the kits before the model works problems last year.

Last week his workshop was broken into while he was on holiday and the boiler section for the 5" gauge was stolen (Probably for scrap)

He gets back this evening from holiday so my wife has the unfortunate task of breaking the news to her dad.

The reason for the post is i'd like to see if anyone has the Boiler (I believe it's Kit 14) or knows if I can buy another one for him so I can hopefully give him his dream back.

I will contact the engineers emporium to see if they have any spare parts as I have seen their info on another post.

Yours hopefully

Kevin

curtisk

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Help needed for Tender Locomotive 5" gauge Kit - Stolen Boiler Empty Re: Help needed for Tender Locomotive 5" gauge Kit - Stolen Boiler

Post  Vapor Sun 17 Oct 2010, 4:32 pm

Hi sorry to hear the bad news and I guess your right the boiler will be sols as scrap as I guess they would have stolen the whole loco, the problem is the value as scrap is about £50 to £70 to buy another will be about £4500 to £5000 try either Cheddar Boilers or Helen at Western Steam both are very good but not cheap, Priory Boilers is another supplier.

Hope that helps.

Ian
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down