Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now)

+7
tef 20
Steam Traction World
Big Al
LilyJack
hughb
chrisnchrisroberts
craig@STW
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now)

Post  hughb Mon 30 Aug 2010, 8:31 pm

lynnr wrote:Also if you are banned you then have to retake your driving test.

Hi guys
HO dear as I have a mate just may lose his for same thing .But not going to get a bike
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now)

Post  craig@STW Fri 03 Sep 2010, 8:01 am

my new bike hanger fell off the garage wall last night Mad luckily the boardman wasn't on it at the time Laughing (i was using it as a work stand to true the rear wheel on my other bike, yes, that one did go crashing to the floor Crying or Very sad )

need to get some longer screws Idea

still no word on the speeding ticket. I'll let you know when i get the letter Neutral
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now) - Page 2 Empty Is no news good news?

Post  lynnr Mon 11 Oct 2010, 12:38 pm

craig@STW wrote:my new bike hanger fell off the garage wall last night Mad luckily the boardman wasn't on it at the time Laughing (i was using it as a work stand to true the rear wheel on my other bike, yes, that one did go crashing to the floor Crying or Very sad )

need to get some longer screws Idea

still no word on the speeding ticket. I'll let you know when i get the letter Neutral

Any news on the ability to drive the infernal combustion engine gismo?
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Mon 11 Oct 2010, 4:54 pm

expect to hear very soon. manged to delay it for nearly 2 months due to the car being in the wife's name (28 days to reply x2)
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Thu 14 Oct 2010, 9:40 pm

HUMMMM HUMMMM HUMMM
LUCK
hughb
hughb

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Wed 01 Dec 2010, 8:49 pm

quick up-date on the speeding fine...

after sending the letter away, a couple of months back, i've heard nothing since !!!!????

these things dont usually take this long and to be honest im not complaining but do you think they have decided not to take it any further ???

i know there's a lot of talk about switching off these cameras lately but i would have thought they would have finished off the people they were all ready "doing over"

could i have got away with it or will i get a letter in the morning Rolling Eyes Laughing
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Wed 01 Dec 2010, 9:49 pm

craig@STW wrote:i know there's a lot of talk about switching off these cameras lately but i would have thought they would have finished off the people they were all ready "doing over"

Rolling Eyes Laughing

Hi Can I ask were you heard this as I have not ???????? HO please
hughb
hughb

Back to top Go down

Post  Vapor Wed 01 Dec 2010, 10:18 pm

Craig, you will hear but my guess is no further action, which will be a result for you. Very Happy
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Fri 18 Feb 2011, 7:22 pm

finally got the letter about the speeding fine Sad

the "case" will be heard in court mid April. i will be pleading guilty by post Crying or Very sad

fair cop officer Embarassed
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now) - Page 2 Empty Fair cop

Post  Steve Traill Sat 19 Feb 2011, 12:10 am

Before you plead guilty ask to see the photographic evidence of who was driving (you can ring up and just ask, they were very helpfull). Recently we had a summons through the post for speeding (37mph in a 30 limit) and we genuinely didn't know who was driving the car that morning as we had both been out for short trips. The photo evidence couldn't show who was driving as the sun was reflected back off the rear window (tip: always drive a clean car!) and so after explaining that we didn't know who was driving neither of us could admit the offence they had to drop the charge. It's up to them to prove guilt.
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now) - Page 2 Empty Fair cop

Post  Rickster Sat 19 Feb 2011, 7:42 am

Steve is dead right - same thing happened to me and the driver could not be identified so they didn't pursue it.
You must see the photo evidence first though, by law they have to provide it so you can check who was behind the wheel at the time. A very good friend of mine is a Superintendent in the police and he says the two most difficult things to get away with are speeding and drink driving, so just be sure you have your facts right.

Rickster

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Sat 19 Feb 2011, 7:52 am

got copies of the photos, they are taken as rear view so you cant see who was driving. but it was me, already told them it was me. i dont do dis-honest Cool
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Thu 14 Apr 2011, 9:55 pm

quick up-date on this...

the speeding case was/is being heard today or tomorrow and i have pleaded guilty by post. just hope they go easy on me Neutral

as for the bike, i've now started Time Trials on Wednesday evenings. first one was 5 miles, then 7.25 and last night my first ever 10 mile. TT bars fitted, spoil the bike but make a huge difference...

Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now) - Page 2 Ttbars001-1

yes, it does hurt, my stomach is killing me from the TT position and general speaking i feel like i've been run over by a bus, but im happy with how its going.

5 miles in 13m 27sec average speed 22.3mph

7.25 miles in 19m 3 sec average speed 22.83mph

10 miles in 26m 45sec average speed 22.42mph

im sure i'll get better one things warm up, the cold seems to effect me quite a bit.

the first one was done with a split in my tyre, leaving the inner tube exposed...

Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now) - Page 2 Tt3003

it lasted the race but went pop on the way home. so had to get new tyres for the bike...

Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now) - Page 2 Yellow005-1

Ha Ha... (or not so bloody Ha Ha now) - Page 2 Yellow007-1

this is me on the first "5mile" course, filmed by the kids...

craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:02 pm

and the result is....

6 points and £375 fine.... shit pale

not such a cheap bike after all Neutral
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisnchrisroberts Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:46 pm

It appears you were let off lightly. Here in Queensland Australia, you would have had an immediate license suspension and had to front up to court the next day. Then you would have copped a further suspension and a fine and more points lost. Relation of mine was here driving like Hamilton, untill I told him the rules, he was under the impression he could not be jailed. Then he slowed down. I have driven in UK as well so I know the jeckyl and hyde mentality some drivers have. ie, they do 40 in a 60 zone and you cannot get past them on the normal road but as soon as they hit the motorway they leave you behind. Would it have been cheaper to have paid up straight away, if you claim you do not do "dishonest"? So, on yer bike!

chrisnchrisroberts

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:30 am

i delayed it cos i was skint, but there was no "its not fair" or "cant prove it was me" etc.

i believe that if you don't want to get caught, don't speed. it was me, i was doing that speed, fair cop, not dishonest is it ?? Smile
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisnchrisroberts Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:09 pm

Fair enough. You will have to be like a mate of mine who accelerated from the lights at breakneck speed in a Triumph PI sedan, as you can, I know, as I have one too, but plod pulled him up and asked what the car was. He gave plod a full rundown on the car and its 150hp engine, to which plod said, "next time you pull away from the lights, only use 100hp"

chrisnchrisroberts

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2