Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fasteners for top steering bracket

2 posters

Go down

Fasteners for top steering bracket Empty Fasteners for top steering bracket

Post  Dan Mon 10 Feb 2020, 3:34 pm

Anyone know what size the 2 fasteners are for the top steering bracket? I *think* I've been supplied M5.5, which seems too big. However if I use a couple of spare M5 it feels too loose! I've been puzzling over this for days now. I could use M5 with some nuts but the supplied bolts seem to be the correct length to remain flush inside the hornplates.
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Fasteners for top steering bracket Empty Re: Fasteners for top steering bracket

Post  Will@STW Tue 11 Feb 2020, 10:59 am

Dan wrote:Anyone know what size the 2 fasteners are for the top steering bracket? I *think* I've been supplied M5.5, which seems too big. However if I use a couple of spare M5 it feels too loose! I've been puzzling over this for days now. I could use M5 with some nuts but the supplied bolts seem to be the correct length to remain flush inside the hornplates.

Hi Dan

The bolts that go out with the top steering bracket (BU41522) according to the packing list for kit 15 should be M6 x 12 hex steel bolts.

Many thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2019-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Tue 11 Feb 2020, 10:14 pm

Will, you are so right, I think I might have had a moment there. Anyway I’ve cleaned up the holes and one fits fine now but I’ve no luck with the other. I will cut down a replacement.

It’s funny but I’ve noticed in this build that sometimes I’m flummoxed by the most simplest of things but then solve the most difficult with ease without even knowing. It’s a credit to STW that you not only supply us with great parts but also give some of us the ability to learn new things without us even seeming to realise we are learning them!
Dan
Dan

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down