Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front wheel spokes

2 posters

Go down

Front wheel spokes Empty Front wheel spokes

Post  John Bull Thu 10 Oct 2019, 7:33 pm

Please, somebody tell me, are the inner spokes the shallow bend angle ones (from the c/sunk bolt) or the deeper angled ones ? I did have them still labelled but it's amazing what a shot blaster can do to scale and labels and marker pen!!

TIA John Bull
John Bull
John Bull

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2019-02-01

Back to top Go down

Front wheel spokes Empty Re: Front wheel spokes

Post  Midwest Steam Thu 10 Oct 2019, 8:32 pm

Gonna take a wild guess and assume it’s the front wheels. At a quick glance on my wheels it looks like the shallower angle goes to the back of the hub and behind the rim. The deeper angle goes on the outside of the hub and also behind the rim. Hope this helps!!
Midwest Steam
Midwest Steam

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2018-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  John Bull Thu 10 Oct 2019, 8:45 pm

Thanks for that. Quite logical when you think about it, but when they'd been sat in my spare room for a couple of months before I decided to clean and glue them up, then taking them apart before a 5 day long weekend away.
Well, at my age the brain gets easily fuddled, especially after the long stag weekend (Oooh ma head!!!).

Thanks again Midwest Steam
John Bull
John Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Midwest Steam Thu 10 Oct 2019, 9:48 pm

My pleasure, if you haven’t started the rear wheels yet you might want to keep those spokes well organized! lol! I kept mine bundled and cleaned them up one at a time while starting to assemble the wheels. You could label some tubs to keep them organized or, if you have the tools, punch each spoke with the letters from the instructions/labels.
Midwest Steam
Midwest Steam

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2018-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  John Bull Thu 10 Oct 2019, 9:52 pm

Yeah. It doesn't help that I live in Cheltenham and the engine is being assembled in Ilchester. I just bring random (lightweight parts) home. And guess where the instructions always are? Yup, not where the pieces are!!
John Bull
John Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down