Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Sad News. Steven Leslie Baldock. 02.11.1955 - 01.11.2018

Go down

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Sad News. Steven Leslie Baldock. 02.11.1955 - 01.11.2018 Empty OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Sad News. Steven Leslie Baldock. 02.11.1955 - 01.11.2018

Post  Steam Traction World Fri 02 Nov 2018, 5:40 am

Dear Customers, old, new, current and future,

Its with deep sadness i announce the passing away at 3.10am yesterday (01.11.2018) of my best friend and business partner Steve.

For the last 20 months Steve has been battling Prostate Cancer and unfortunately succumbed to it one day before his 63rd birthday.

Many of you were already aware of his battle or had noticed that over the last 20 months he was less and less available at the end of the phone, with Will and Ian taking over customer services however despite this the speed of his decline since Great Dorset in August has shocked us all.

As you can all imagine we are all absolutely devastated so i have decided for today (2nd November 2018) to close the factory until Monday. Today would have been Steve's birthday so it will give myself and the staff who have worked with him for so long the opportunity to mourn losing him yesterday while at the same time celebrating his birth.

It's not really appropriate to comment about the business on this post but for those of you who are currently building engines who may whittle or worry about the future please don't, he's left us in good hands.

I will post a more personal post in the 'letting off steam' section.

Dean

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Sad News. Steven Leslie Baldock. 02.11.1955 - 01.11.2018 Steve_10

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down