Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top cover for tender watertank

2 posters

Go down

Top cover for tender watertank Empty Top cover for tender watertank

Post  steamlaser Thu 01 Nov 2018, 4:30 pm

Having sealed the Tender internally, I have being trying to put on the top cover of the water tender. (the one with the round inspection cover )
1. The front brass fitting that hold the pipe for the water filter fouls the front square plate that faces the firedoors.
2. Despite removing all water sealing compounds from the mating surfaces and using bolts to pull the top cover right back in to the rear of tender. The top cover overhangs the front square plate by a number of mm. I am thus unable to insert the dummy rivets to make the joint.
3. I have removed the brass fitting that holds the filter and the top cover no longer fouls the front plate. However there is still an overhang of the top cover.
Has anyone had any similar problems?
Many thanks

steamlaser

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-11-13

Back to top Go down

Top cover for tender watertank Empty Re: Top cover for tender watertank

Post  Mike King Thu 01 Nov 2018, 4:45 pm

Just a thought, maybe a stupid question, do you have the front plate the correct way around?
     Mike

Mike King

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2014-09-04

http://www.mikekingphotography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  steamlaser Thu 01 Nov 2018, 7:32 pm

A good question. However it is the right way round otherwise one could not secure the threaded rivets.
The fact that one of Brass olive fittings fouls the front plate make me think that the top plate is not made to the correct dimensions.

steamlaser

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down