Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Images in old Forum threads

5 posters

Go down

Missing Images in old Forum threads Empty Missing Images in old Forum threads

Post  hydro9 Wed 26 Jul 2017, 5:01 pm

Hi All,
I was looking at some old STW Forum threads that contain interesting information and attached photos. But it seems something has gone wrong because the pictures in these threads are now missing and replaced by a "www.photobucket.com/P500" message box.  A Google search suggests that 'Photobucket blocks all third-party hosted images now...........'
Is this a problem at the STW end, or has anyone found a solution that we can use?

Chris

hydro9

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2015-04-20

Back to top Go down

Missing Images in old Forum threads Empty Re: Missing Images in old Forum threads

Post  PaulC Wed 26 Jul 2017, 5:15 pm

I'm afraid its an issue for all forums.

People are having to start fresh and use alternative image hosting sites.

Very frustrating especially for newbies like me trying to find information from past builders.

PaulC

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Missing Images in old Forum threads Empty Re: Missing Images in old Forum threads

Post  LiveSteam Wed 26 Jul 2017, 6:45 pm

As Paul C says, its an issue over the whole of the internet and the world Shocked and currently PhotoBucket are sticking by it.

I have hundreds of photos linked to forums and websites all over the place and every single one has gone, the original photo is still on my account but it just wont link to anywhere unless I pay them $400 Evil or Very Mad

There are many many angry people all over the world regarding this, oh and they did this over night without any warning Evil or Very Mad

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:57 pm

I am working on a possible archive solution to keep the forum as it was. So that all the wealth of information and experience is not lost. As without the pictures not much of it will make sense.

It will be a frozen snapshot including, I hope, all the broken pictures in place.
Then the forum will continue using other picture services as previously.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:19 pm

lynnr wrote:I am working on a possible archive solution to keep the forum as it was. So that all the wealth of information and experience is not lost. As without the pictures not much of it will make sense.

It will be a frozen snapshot including, I hope, all the broken pictures in place.
Then the forum will continue using other picture services as previously.

That will be useful, although I'm not sure how you'll do it due to the issue the photobucket pictures never actually residing here, they would only be called up via the linking, the only time the photo would be displayed would be when a browser called for it. Could be wrong, be interested in how you do it if it does work Smile

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:34 pm

My program is downloading everything and also mining all the linked pictures.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Thu 27 Jul 2017, 8:24 pm

lynnr wrote:My program is downloading everything and also mining all the linked pictures.

Ah now thats a cunning plan Cool

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Goliewogs Fri 28 Jul 2017, 9:07 am

You are a very clever girl Lynn!!!

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Sat 23 Sep 2017, 9:03 pm

Stolen from a member on traction talk.........

If you run Firefox or Chrome these addon's bring all the photos back Cool  although here is doesnt as the forum seems to have been cleansed of all the old photobucket links Neutral

But it works else where

Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fixer/

Chrome https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/photobucket_hotlink_fix?hl=en

How long it takes before Photobucket skuppers this work around is unknown of course ?

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down