Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brass cylinder stips

3 posters

Go down

brass cylinder stips Empty brass cylinder stips

Post  lintonsteam Fri 17 Jun 2016, 8:34 pm

hi was about to fit the 2 brass strips to my cylinder when I discovered the screw holes are meant to be 6ba yet the holes are 6mm any body else had this problem are am I doing something wrong

lintonsteam

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2013-10-07

Back to top Go down

brass cylinder stips Empty Re: brass cylinder stips

Post  Simon B Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:43 pm

Hi Lintonsteam, there should be a pack of 6ba tapped M6 brass grub screws in the kit, insert the grub screws first and then fit the cladding and two brass strips using the 6 bra brass screws. I found the grub screws a bit long so filed them down a bit first, I also put a small slit with a hack saw in the grub screw to make it easier to tighten them into the block, there may be better ways to fit the grub screws but that's what I did.

I hope the above helps?

Best wishes

Simon
Simon B
Simon B

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2014-01-07

Back to top Go down

brass cylinder stips Empty grub screws

Post  lintonsteam Sat 18 Jun 2016, 12:45 pm

hi simon thanks for info didn't realise they were there since nothing on supply list or drawings about them and didn't receive the strips till long after the kit, teach me to look closer in future thanks again
alex

lintonsteam

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Sat 18 Jun 2016, 7:21 pm

To put the grub screws in I suspect you'll find they will have supplied some 6BA nuts to go on the screws. I recently replaced all mine on the Agri as some had expired and snapped off and I got the grubs, the screws and some nuts and a note to say do the following to install them.

Fit a couple of nuts on a 6BA screw, wind the 6BA screw with nuts into the M6 grub screw and then lock it on with the 6BA nuts, wind the whole assembly into the cyinder head, then release the two 6BA nuts and wind out the 6BA screw leaving the M6 grub in the cylinder head.

Job jobbed Cool

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

brass cylinder stips Empty brass strips

Post  lintonsteam Sun 19 Jun 2016, 7:10 pm

hi livesteam got most of them in except 1 don't know if the threads are damaged that take the 6ba screws but will figure it out thanks.

lintonsteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down