Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reach Rod and Steam Pipe Interference

2 posters

Go down

Reach Rod and Steam Pipe Interference Empty Reach Rod and Steam Pipe Interference

Post  thehawk Thu 05 May 2016, 12:04 pm

Having driven my engine for around 5 years now, I have been doing some maintenance on the injector system to clean deposits out of it, the pipes and the clack valve to improve its efficiency. However, when I got it all apart I noticed that where the steam pipe comes out of the globe valve and curves round towards the injector the Reach Rod has been rubbing on the pipe and if left might have worn through it. All caught in time and I have ground off some of the reach rod to get some clearance. The pipes and reach rod are in a tightly packed corner where it's hard to notice this problem, so my post here today is just to advise you good folk to take a look and check. Turning the globe valve on to operate the injector, you wouldn't want a footplate full of hot steam from a previously unseen leak in the pipe. Rolling Eyes https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
thehawk
thehawk

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Reach Rod and Steam Pipe Interference Empty Re: Reach Rod and Steam Pipe Interference

Post  LiveSteam Thu 05 May 2016, 9:39 pm

I'll have to check mine as my engines 11yrs old now, thanks for the heads up.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down