Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leigh Arms Steam Party - 4th & 5th October 2014

5 posters

Go down

Leigh Arms Steam Party - 4th & 5th October 2014 Empty Leigh Arms Steam Party - 4th & 5th October 2014

Post  bjwlancashire Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:18 pm

Another fantastic weekend spent at this little gathering on a pub car park in Cheshire, an informal gathering that attracted 18 full size engines and I think 9  miniatures including Blackbeard and the Morgan twins from the STW stable plus two builders of the STW 6" Foden were there too. My daughter Danielle has taken some pictures which I will post later but for now here are two videos taken by Martina Cowe a local photographer. He was filming on his DSL and also a GoPro camera on a stick. The first video is general video taken around the even on Sunday and shows how nice an event it is and the second video I asked him if he would film Blackbeard climbing up Acton Lane in big wheel for the second time that afternoon and he did - enjoy.

bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Leigh Arms Steam Party - 4th & 5th October 2014 Empty Re: Leigh Arms Steam Party - 4th & 5th October 2014

Post  highpressure Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:38 pm

Ey up Brian!! You me Andy and Lynn seem to be working the nuts off these engines!! I still have three more events in October and hopefully some into December!! Cracking stuff there!!
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Leigh Arms Steam Party - 4th & 5th October 2014 Empty Re: Leigh Arms Steam Party - 4th & 5th October 2014

Post  Kevster Wed 08 Oct 2014, 6:26 pm

Fantastic video, great stuff
thanks for posting Brian
Kev
Kevster
Kevster

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:05 pm

Nice videos.

I do try and get out on her often. But a bit of a problem as no backup crew if I have a problem. Until I mentioned it to my boss the other week.

His reply. Don't worry I would come and get you. Well he does own 30 recovery wagons of assorted size.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian M Fri 17 Oct 2014, 9:03 pm

Good videos matey,

The two six mile runs (and pub stops) from and to KD's yard with several other engines from the event was the highlight of the weekend for me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

At one pub we were given complementary drinks and food! Very enjoyable (and appreciated... Very Happy ).

ATB,

Brian
Brian M
Brian M

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down