Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian and Danielle's birthday bash (or - thats a big hill!!!!!!!!!)

+10
Flasback
storey
Steam Traction World
showman shane
LiveSteam
Tony King
the coleman
lynnr
Kevster
bjwlancashire
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brian and Danielle's birthday bash (or - thats a big hill!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian and Danielle's birthday bash (or - thats a big hill!!!!!!!!!)

Post  bjwlancashire Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:42 pm

Here is some more unedited video footage from a different camera, many thanks to Kevin Lawrence for this footage. This gives you an idea of the hill we went up and it was filmed from the back of the draw bar trailer I had behind Little Billy for the trip.

bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Brian and Danielle's birthday bash (or - thats a big hill!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian and Danielle's birthday bash (or - thats a big hill!!!!!!!!!)

Post  Flasback Fri 20 Jun 2014, 5:44 pm

Great video Brian, nice engine 3 minutes in. Did I see a Road Loco guy looking with admiration at a Showman Engine Twisted Evil . I bet he was thinking 'I wish I had one of these Crying or Very sad  my engine is all cold and sitting in a garage Sad Sad Sad '  Razz Razz Razz 

Right off to Kelsall for a rally. Brian if you change your mind about next weekend let me know, Jack has told me 15 engines are now going to The Crown, better then any rally.

Andy if and Kev fancy coming up to Cheshire anytime let me know and we will arrange a pub meet usually get a few engines at short notice and you can stop at mine must come with the organ

Dwain

Flasback

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Back to top Go down

Brian and Danielle's birthday bash (or - thats a big hill!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 Empty The icing on the (birthday) cake!!

Post  highpressure Tue 01 Jul 2014, 4:11 pm

For the engine drivers a little something has been made and presented which is the final icing on the excellent cake that was the "northern weekender"!!

Brian and Danielle's birthday bash (or - thats a big hill!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 Img_0312

An excellent reminder and permanent souvenir.

highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Tue 01 Jul 2014, 5:56 pm

Hum

It was a way down south event!
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Brian and Danielle's birthday bash (or - thats a big hill!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 Empty Brian & Danielle's Birthday Bash

Post  calimods Wed 02 Jul 2014, 1:33 am

I went North to Aberdeen to Castle Fraser Rally. I was hoping to see Lynn's Showman's, but you weren't there. Me and my mate had a good chinwag to Tom about his Foden and the build, I'll probably see him again at Masham Rally

calimods

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Brian and Danielle's birthday bash (or - thats a big hill!!!!!!!!!) - Page 2 Empty Declan and Ann's Birthday Bash (that big hill again!!!!!)

Post  bjwlancashire Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:41 pm

Well it had to be done again so it will be, the date is 6th June

Declan is my nephew and normally in charge of Garrett Showman's Tractor "Little Billy" when we are at certain events. He is also working at Levens Hall on the steam collection and was my main crew man while we had Blackbeard and will be again as soon as we get our big engine home.

Ann is my good lady wife of 32 years now and the main crew member whenever we are at an event. Without her we would forget to take most things, would never eat and would probably stop up to late on the beer.

This time it will be taking place at a local pub here in Lancashire so I can mention this on the forum so if your not busy the weekend of 6th June and need an excuse to take your engine somewhere then come along, or come along without one and enjoy the day. It will be taking place at the Myerscough Inn on the A59 just off J31 M6 and the Boddington Arms is right next door too and they also have accommodation. It is around a mile from our house so if you want to park a caravan or trailer there is space and also at the location of the event too.

Similar format to last year with the famous hill climb during Saturday afternoon so get your chimneys painted well.

http://themyerscough.com/

http://www.goodnightinns.co.uk/hotel-booking/boddington-arms-hotel-blackburn/
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasback Thu 25 Apr 2019, 7:23 pm

Memory lane

Still speak to the STW family, even though a few of us have move on.  A must watch thanks to Lynne’s and Brian’s videos.

Dwain

Flasback

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-01-30

bjwlancashire likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2